Head Strategic Projects Delivery
Location: Cambridgeshire, Gaithersburg, Maryland, Wilmington, Delaware
Job Type: Full time
At AstraZeneca, we created the Commercial Digital healthcare delivery team to accelerate our efforts to drive and partner on solutions that enhance the ability for HCPs, patients and Healthcare Systems to deliver the highest quality of care, enable patients to maximize the value of their healthcare experience and for AstraZeneca to lead innovation in collaborations across Markets, Institutes and providers resulting in richer data collation and use, resulting in overall better care provision for the patients we serve.
This team supports Oncology and Biopharma teams at global level.
As the Head of Strategic Projects Delivery you are responsible for shaping the digital strategy and roadmap while ensuring the successful management and delivery of strategic projects across the Digital Healthcare Delivery team in coordination with other Heads and Project Leads within the team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Strategic Planning: Work closely with other Heads and Project Leads within the team to identify, define and plan strategic projects that support the Global Digital Health Strategy.
- Operational Excellence: Translate digital health priorities into actionable roadmaps for global, regional and local digital health initiatives managed and/or supported by the Digital Healthcare Delivery team across BBU and OBU functions.
- Project Management: Support the team with the overall management, tracking and delivery of strategic projects. This includes the measurement of projects success versus scorecards or KPIs defined with the team.
- Vendor Management: Ensure the effective management of external vendors/partners/contractors supporting the Digital Healthcare Delivery team with the development and delivery of strategic projects.
- Budget Management: Provide guidance with the use of the Digital Healthcare Delivery budget to fund projects that support the Global Digital Health Strategy and ensure the appropriate use and tracking of the budget during the financial year.
- Communities of Practice: Support the creation and facilitation of Communities of Practice (e.g. EUCAN SPOK) to work with cross-functional teams towards global, regional and local digital health priorities, ensure knowledge and best practice sharing, and develop sustainable digital health communities.
YOUR EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Track record in developing and deploying impactful programs in the pharmaceutical industry
- Proven experience in partnering and unlocking access to novel data partnerships
- Understanding of the rapidly changing external environment including new innovative digital technology innovations
- Involvement in start-up and innovating thinking environment (directly or in partnership)
- Strong leadership skills and influencing skills
- Experience on bringing innovation that is solving complex and multi-dimensional issues from an operational, technical, financial and human perspective
- Experience In driving global change in complex organisations, covering multiple cultures and significant number of functions
- Highly developed communication and influencing abilities across organizational teams and levels in a large complex operating environment
- Results driven approach to work and project development
- Ability to express complex ideas in clear and compelling way to multiple external and internal stakeholder groups
- Entrepreneurial with the highest level of integrity and the ability to foster trust and loyalty
- Motivated by delivering digital innovation in service of enhanced patient outcomes and treatment experience
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity.
Where can I find out more?
- Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on :
- LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
- Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.