Senior Digital Strategist
Location: Cambridgeshire, Gaithersburg, Maryland
Job Type: Full time
As Senior Digital Strategist on the Digital Strategy & Enablement team, you will create value for AZ by acting as a seasoned senior expert to translate the needs of the business into digital strategies that support the remit & scope of the CDH. Able to author business goals into clear digital guidance & long-term roadmaps, as well as teach non-experts to do the same, you champion a disciplined approach to strategy without losing sight of our servant-leadership approach.
YOUR MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND TASKS:
- You create/co-create/guide the creation of roadmaps & strategies make sure our commercial leaders understand what their digital investments are doing for them and their teams
- You reach across the CDH teams, GCIT, and other commercial digital partners to ensure the different CDH (and other digital expert) verticals are speaking the same language and communicating a coherent set of strategies in a common language without jargon
- You help create our digital strategy product definition, to standardize the development of digital strategy & ensure best outcomes.
- Lead sessions guiding the co-creation of long-term strategic roadmaps that harmonize the situational analyses, future state visions, dependencies, and investments of CDH teams, GCIT, GCO, GMA, and other owners of digital strategies.
- Support creation standards to guide external vendors in creation of digital strategies in service to AZ customers.
- Accountable for operating a process that identifies and uses our internal & external SMEs effectively to effectively provide a guided leadership decision support experience which empowers AZ leaders to make digital investment & action decisions with speed, confidence, and to best outcomes.
- Finds ways to make digital strategy more usable by the business as a part of existing business planning processes such as MTP, BSP, etc.
- Key initial focus and delivery includes:
- Partner with the Head of Digital Strategy & Enablement to support the transition of the current Content Strategy & Experience Design Team into the new structure and remit of the CDH Digital Strategy organization.
- Continue to refine the approach for AZ developing digital solutions for the highest priority business needs
- Provide direction and input into core elements of digital product delivery including, planning/design, user experience and content strategy.
- Define and deploy an effective strategic framework for enabling the success of digital products in market
- Assess the internal and external digital landscape for scaling of effective approaches to the business
- Act as a talent magnet to upskill existing and bring in new talent in the digital space
YOUR EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Ability to differentiate multiple opportunities in service of strategic goals
- Thorough understanding of digital business development and ability to craft external agreements that ensure AZ objectives are prioritized and match partner objectives.
- Experience building & leading a global digital organization for a large multinational life sciences enterprise
- Understanding of broad health industry market archetypes
- Equal or more than 8 years in the commercial digital business
- Understanding of OBU and BBU brand priorities with depth
- Proven track record in Hiring excellent people and building strong teams
- Experience in bringing innovation that is solving complex and multi-dimensional issues from an operational, technical, financial, and human perspective
- Experience In driving global change in complex organizations, covering multiple cultures and a significant number of functions Highly developed communication and influencing abilities across organizational teams and levels in a large complex operating environment
- Ability to express complex ideas in a clear and compelling way to multiple external and internal stakeholder groups
- Entrepreneurial with the highest level of integrity and the ability to foster trust and loyalty
- Motivated by delivering digital innovation in service of enhanced patient outcomes and treatment experience
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.