Director Digital Standards & Governance
Location: Cambridgeshire, Gaithersburg, Maryland
Job Type: Full time
At AstraZeneca, we built the Commercial Digital healthcare delivery team to accelerate our efforts to drive and partner on solutions that improve the ability for HCPs, patients, and Healthcare Systems to deliver the highest quality of care, enable patients to maximize the value of their healthcare experience and for AstraZeneca to lead innovation in collaborations across Markets, Institutes, and providers resulting in richer data collation and use, resulting in overall better care provision for the patients we serve.
As Director of Digital Standards & Governance, you will drive enablement of the Global Commercial digital strategy by establishing a global commercial digital standards and governance framework. This role is critical to scaling & sustaining our use of commercial digital health to drive creation of value for our business & our customers. This role will own the creation and adoption of standards for other functions across the organization.
YOUR MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND TASKS:
- Lead the creation of a commercial digital governance framework that provides transparency on all commercial digital investments, projects, and products.
- Clarify accountabilities for digital decisions, and provides mechanisms to support senior decision-making. This framework will be across all markets and commercial SET areas in all geographies.
- Lead the adaptation & expansion of our Community of Practices (CoP)/SPOC approach to digital strategy & capabilities to digital practitioners across AZ. Support the adoption of CoPs & empower the CDH leads to effectively utilize the CoPs in the co-creation of aligned strategies and investments.
- Own the creation, adoption, oversight of & continuous improvement of digital standards, including (but not limited to):
- Website (and other core channels)
- Digital Health Commercialization
- Experience Design
- Digital Skills & Capabilities
- Omnichannel Blueprint
- Evangelize critical initiatives in strategy, governance, & the adoption of new ways of working with global brands, medical, & MCs worldwide, across all commercial SET areas, OBU, BBU, and International – by creating forums and communities of practice to help build capabilities.
- Establish mechanisms to measure the adoption & impact of governance & standards on relevant business outcomes via improved scaling, speed to market, cost reduction, and improvements in the overall quality of our digital customer engagement.
- Create a mechanism to drive the scaling of digital solutions through driving connectivity across the Commercial Digital Health team and MC teams, based on identifying shared priorities and proposing solutions that can be scaled across brands, teams, and geographies.
- Provide Senior Commercial Leadership with a clear lens on the progress and impact of our digital investments via regular reports.
- Key initial focus and delivery include:
- Partner with the Head of Digital Strategy & Enablement to support the transition of the current teams into the new structure and remit of the CDH Digital Strategy organization.
- Assume ownership of Communities of Practice & partner with key stakeholders to prioritize rollout.
- Initiate and lead the authoring and stewardship of the standards necessary for web, digital capabilities, digital health delivery, and vendor/partnership.
- Act as a talent magnet to upskill existing and bring in new talent in the digital space
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject area
- 10 years+ in the commercial digital business with significant experience working with standards and governance
- Ability to differentiate multiple opportunities in service of strategic goals
- Thorough understanding of effective digital governance structures, and experience in creating them in a global organization
- Experience building & leading a global digital organization for a large multinational life sciences enterprise
- Proven track record in hiring talent and building strong teams
- Experience in bringing innovation that is solving complex and multi-dimensional issues from an operational, technical, financial, and human perspective** - do you mean bringing innovation into the organization from outside that is solving for….or raising the innovation capability that solves for….
- Experience In driving global change in complex organizations, covering multiple cultures and a significant number of functions
- Highly developed communication and influencing abilities across organizational teams and levels in a large complex operating environment
- Ability to express complex ideas in a clear and compelling way to multiple external and internal stakeholder groups
- Entrepreneurial with the highest level of integrity and the ability to foster trust and loyalty
- Motivated by delivering digital innovation in service of enhanced patient outcomes and treatment experience
- Master’s degree or MBA
- In-depth understanding of AZ commercial brand priorities
- Understanding of broad health industry market archetypes
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.