Operating Model Lead Role
Location: Cheshire East, Luton
Job Type: Full time
Operating Model Lead Role
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Operating Models? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? If so, AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, innovative BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
ABOUT OUR IT TEAM
The AstraZeneca Global IT organization is responsible for defining and implementing digital and data strategies across the corporation in support of AstraZeneca’s bold ambitions to provide cures for cancer in every form, to transform the lives of people affected by rare diseases and devastating conditions, and to change the lives of billions of people living with chronic diseases for the better.
As the Operating Model Lead within the Insights & Technology Excellence (IGNITE) organization, you’ll work with leaders across the business and Global IT organization to lead the implementation and evolution of our operating model, enabled by Digital Ways of Working, to ensure we continue to deliver efficient and effective services to the broader organization to accelerate our bold ambition.
As an integral part of the Business Operations and Transformation leadership team, you’ll implement and refine the overall demand and delivery model across IGNITE, partnering closely with SP&Q in Global IT, to ensure strategic alignment of our operating model with partners objectives and requirements. You will also partner with Enterprise Data Office and transformational programs to embed the delivery of key workstreams and initiatives into the IGNITE operating model and ensure adherence to principles, processes and existing frameworks. You will work closely with the Service Excellence Lead and the Business Performance Analyst in the BOT office to define and set a common approach for demand processes across IGNITE services and a consistent reporting of progress and value across the IGNITE portfolio of services.
This role will set overall demand and delivery operating model across IGNITE, partnering with the Head of Digital Services, driving strategic alignment with SP&Q in Global IT, identify process adaptations to ensure that IT services are delivered in a consistent and reliable manner, aligned to operating model principles. The role will also be responsible for defining templates and tooling to align ways of working in the operating model and drive a consistent approach to reporting progress and value across all IGNITE services.
A key part of the role is to adapt to an ever-changing environment. Critical capabilities include:
- Leading with confidence in a complex service environment – being able to set and adapt the operating model to ensure it aligns to partners strategic requirements and agreed ways of working.
- Going beyond your role boundaries where there is a gap, including working with the SP&Q team to continually develop IT Ways of Working. Making it sustainable & able to measure progress and value, across services.
- Having a service & product lens – pushing the Service teams to focus on how we optimize our ways of working to ensure our services and products achieve expected outcomes.
- Persistence & drive to enable the teams across IGNITE to take ownership of agreed ways of working set by the operating model (adherence to operating model)
- Future focus – with Global IT at the forefront of AZ data and transformation journey, being genuinely interested in the future direction & strategy. Supporting the Head of Business Operations and Transformation with thinking about opportunities to optimize our services, process and practices to accelerate AZ bold ambition
- Implement and evolve the IGNITE operating model: Responsible for setting overall demand and delivery model across IGNITE, driving strategic alignment with SP&Q to deliver efficient and effective services to the organization.
- Processes Ownership: Responsible for establishing and leading process adaptations and drive adherence to agreed ways of working to ensure the IGNITE services are delivered in a consistent and reliable manner
- Process Execution: Responsible for defining, developing and implementing templates, ceremonies and tooling, in partnership with Service Leads, evolving ways of working to enable service excellence and high quality outcomes across different types of services
- Performance management framework: Responsible for setting up patterns for different types of services enabling a common approach to reporting progress and value across IGNITE. Responsible for developing and embedding K.P.I's that ensure processes and operating model are delivering to the level of performance expected
- Partner management: Responsible for collaborating with the Digital Services team in IGNITE on Product Delivery Framework as well as key partners in Global IT and across the business to ensure we align their requirements to the operating model principles
- Improvements: Responsible for identifying ongoing improvements and developing plans to optimize our ways of working, processes, policies, procedures to accelerate service delivery excellence. Continuously monitor and evaluate the operating model, making adjustments as needed to ensure it remains effective and relevant. This role is also expected to identify further opportunities to embed the operating model
- Provide leadership & guidance: Responsible for providing leadership and guidance to AGILE/SAFE teams within IGNITE and Global IT to ensure they are adhering to the operating model and achieving expected outcomes
- Change management: Responsible for partnering with other teams in IGNITE and Global IT on implementing change (including comms) to help us embed the operating model
- Experience in developing and implementing operating models, process adaptions in complex environments
- Ability to build strong and credible relationships with excellent communication & interpersonal skills across levels
- Extensive experience of working in a matrix team in a global environment
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing needs with an open and constructive attitude
- Effective analytical skills to find opportunities for optimised ways of working, including performance framework at service/portfolio level
- Effective critical thinking and problem-solving skills
WHY JOIN US?
We’re a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. There’s a diversity of expertise in our Technology group that’s unique to AstraZeneca – it allows us to dive deep into
exploring new groundbreaking technology. We enable AstraZeneca to perform at its peak by delivering world-class technology and data solutions. Our work unlocks the potential of science. We optimise and evolutionise AstraZeneca by maximising efficiencies and finding new ways to drive productivity. From automation to data simplification. We’re not afraid to take ownership and run with it. Empowered with unrivalled freedom. A place to be open and transparent – we speak up, think creatively and share ideas. Our diverse contributions help us to make better decisions. But we have a constant drive to innovate,
and an appreciation for high standards. It takes challenging the status quo to contribute in our ever-evolving environment. We love it here because put simply, we make a meaningful impact.
Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors!
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we’d love to hear from you! Click the link to apply and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
Competitive salary & benefits on offer.
Close Date: 30/6/2023
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.