Localisation Technology Lead
Location: Cheshire East
Job Type: Full time
Localisation Technology Lead
Macclesfield Or Gothenburg
Competitive salary and benefits
Close date: 6th June 2023
At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us.
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have an unrivalled workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express different perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
The Language Services Team (Service Experience)
The Enterprise Technology Services organisation actively partners with business partners to deliver pioneering IT capabilities to fulfil AstraZeneca’s bold ambition of delivering life changing therapies to patients. Our ambition is to use technology to increase collaboration, efficiency and automation across our enterprise.
The Language Services Team supports the translation and language support of the business and bridge the language gaps across the enterprise. Our innovative Translation Technology platform empowers colleagues, customers and translation project managers across all functions to communicate, regulate and find major efficiencies in all cross-language activities. The Language Service has been designed to enable all functions and business areas to overcome complex communication challenges.
The Localisation Technology Lead is accountable for the Translation Technology ecosystem. You will make sure it is maintained, continuously improved and answers to business needs. You'll ensure the technology is fit for purpose, supervises the release management process and keeps it aligned to evolving business requirements while using the latest in AI technology. As the Language Technology Manager you will be working with the AZ Language Capability Lead, the Service Manager and the DevOps team to ensure partners across the organisation achieve their cross-language objectives through the platform. You will be responsible for improving existing features and ensuring that new features are developed and implemented in line with business requirements.
The role will work multi-functionally across global teams of business partners, developers, offshore support teams and vendors to deliver continuous improvement and value. The person selected for this role will require IT ingenuity, creative thinking, be able to easily translate business needs into technical solutions. You will ensure the solution continues to remain GxP compliant and quality handled according to validated, regulated standards. This role is also to structure and own the AI resources as well as procedural and programmatic Machine Learning offered by the service.
A drive and passion for improving the user experience and achieving excellence in IT operations is key to the role. You will be a self-starter with solid organisational skills, expertise in ITIL service management and people management, as this role may evolve to include a team of technical resources and developers in the future. This is an exciting opportunity to run and transform a critical ecosystem of powerful linguistic technology across AstraZeneca’s global footprint.
This candidate will have the opportunity to demonstrate leadership in maturing the system experience and processes, helping adopters drive efficiency and quality. The first 12 months in role will be focused on developing capabilities and delivering our customer-centric release schedule. You should expect a team-oriented, exciting, ambitious, and fast-paced environment, working with innovative AI technologies.
- Providing technical leadership and guidance to the development team to meet business requirements and are scalable, secure, and maintainable.
- Designing solutions: Collaborating with Dev-ops and Infrastructure management to design high-level and low-level architecture designs for the proposed solutions, including conceptual, logical, and physical designs.
- Developing solution prototypes to demonstrate the feasibility of the proposed solutions and identify any potential issues.
- Ensuring compliance with established architectural standards, such as security, data privacy, regulatory and GxP compliance.
- Collaborating with partners development teams, project managers, and other partners to ensure that the solutions meet their needs.
- Continuously improving processes
- You will be accountable for staying up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends
- Dedicatedly identifying and delivering continuous service improvement within the AZ Platform and AZ Language Services and supplying to improvement initiatives across the entire Team.
- Communicating and leading Service Enhancement Requests through to the Capability Lead.
- Capacity planning and management; taking account of business growth and changes.
- Run and maintain the required training and learning materials for new technical resources pertaining to the AZ Translate platform and its offerings; handle customer expectations around training.
- Application risk management, along with communicating and agreeing the aggregated risk position with the IT Capability Lead and business sponsors.
- Act as customer concern point for key service support processes, including Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management.
- Ensure infrastructure performance at enterprise level.
- Run compliance with GxP/SoX, where applicable, to ensure control frameworks and testing are in place and AstraZeneca remains compliant.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of application technologies and industry trends/changes external to AstraZeneca.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Degree level education or equivalent experience
- Solutions architecture experience at senior level, preferably around language technology
- Ability to interpret & communicate business requirements into technical solutions
- Partner relationship management
- Results and consistency focus
- Strong written & verbal interpersonal skills
- Proficiently bilingual (or multilingual) and with provable understanding of challenges in a global, multilingual organisation
- Ability to work independently
- Dedicated & results-oriented
- Ability to lead complex & ambiguous situations
- Advanced degree in IT and linguistic AI preferred.
- Experience in the localisation industry
- ITIL v3 Foundation qualified
- Prior experience working in Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industry IT environment
- Understanding of Translation Technology, Translation Management Systems and Linguistic AI.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.