Job Type: Full time
Portfolio Coordinator - High Throughput Screening (HTS)
Location: Cambridge Biomedical Campus, Cambridge, UK
Competitive salary with excellent benefits
Would you like to join a place built on innovation and imagination? Where different views and perspectives are welcomed and valued? An environment that champions inclusion, and teams that reflect the diversity of the communities that we serve? In an environment where you’ll be encouraged and supported to think creatively in our dynamic environment?
We are now recruiting a Portfolio Coordinator to be part of our High Throughput Screening (HTS) team and to help us maximise the delivery and impact of our science - Be a part of a collaborative team continually supporting each other to increase our impact on patients across the globe!
Who we are
HTS is part of the Hit Discovery Department within Discovery Sciences. Its core purpose is delivery of hit series of small molecule compounds confirmed as active against a disease target of interest. Project teams then use these to initiate medicinal chemistry campaigns as a starting point for developing human therapeutics. We achieve this by performing an HTS, utilising advanced robotics to rapidly test up to ~2M compounds through biochemical, biophysical or cellular assays. Bespoke triage cascades then need to be designed and implemented to build confidence in the quality of the hits.
Within the AstraZeneca HTS group we carry out campaigns to identify promising starting points for a large and constantly evolving portfolio of drug discovery projects. The core role of the Portfolio Coordinator is to optimise the delivery of this portfolio, working with collaborators and resource holders across the organisation to facilitate the rapid and efficient delivery of the portfolio in line with agreed priorities.
What you’ll do
You will use your project management and portfolio coordination experience to facilitate the efficient delivery of our portfolio of HTS campaigns. You’ll need to adapt to emerging issues and risks, act to remove bottlenecks whilst identifying, suggesting, and implementing process improvements. You will generate metrics and dashboards to highlight achievements, track project outcomes, and identify improvement or investment opportunities. An outstanding communicator, you will be comfortable establishing and building prosperous relationships with stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
- Support the HTS leadership team to coordinate the efficient and prioritised delivery of a large portfolio of High Throughput Screening campaigns as they progress through multiple phases and expert functions.
- Schedule the delivery of screening campaigns to optimise the delivery of the portfolio and maximise the utilisation of available resources.
- Develop metrics and insightful dashboards to provide information on portfolio delivery and the performance and impact of the various hit finding approaches.
- Provide project management support to complex projects and strategic initiatives in HTS partnering with other functions as necessary to drive enterprise-wide solutions
- Monitor portfolio changes and trends and elevate key risks, opportunities, gaps, and recommendations to the leadership team
- Collaborate with resource holders to forecast capacity and demand. Pro-actively identify emerging issues, highlight potential gaps in organisational capacity and propose potential solutions
- Work with the wider Hit Discovery Leadership team to identify options to improve and coordinate the delivery of the entire hit finding portfolio
- Develop and maintain scientific and project management knowledge relevant to the role building expertise in specific aspects of benefit to the department
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in relevant specialism, or equivalent level of experience
- Experience in project and/or portfolio management
- Expertise in metrics and data analytics
- Extensive influencing skills with ability to engage and collaborate across global and functional boundaries
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively to identify solutions
- Ability to act independently, resolutely & oversee complex processes
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organisational skills and the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Qualification in Project and/or Portfolio Management
- Experience in Project and/or Portfolio Management in a pharmaceutical or scientific environment
- Track-record of delivering results and impact through improved business outcomes
- Knowledge of the drug discovery process
*** We will be reviewing applications and shortlisting on a rolling basis - as such we reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy ahead of the stated closing date ***
Make a more meaningful impact to patients’ lives around the globe
At AstraZeneca, we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration!
** Our preference is for this position to be worked on a full-time basis (36.5 hours per week) however, we would welcome applications from candidates who are seeking part-time hours, in the region of 4 days per week **
This advert will be running from Monday, 15th May 2023, and we welcome your application as soon as possible. The scheduled closing date is Wednesday 31st May – We may close this advert earlier than the stated closing date, in the event of identifying successful applicants.
Where can I find out more?
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.