Project Manager – Sourcing and Supply
Location: Cheshire East
Job Type: Full time
Project and Change Manager
Sourcing & Supply, UK Operations, Macclesfield (UK)
Opening date – 16/05/23
Here in UK Operations, you can feel a strong connection to the patient. It’s what drives us every day. We are united behind one mission – finding the best solution to put our patients first. You can play a critical role in making this happen, delivering our innovative medicines all the way, until they reach our patients.
This role sits within Sourcing and Supply, within the Projects and Change Team. We manage a variety of projects on behalf of the site, from NPI’s, Divestments, Technology Transfers, and Supply Chain changes, to Traceability Projects and IT and Technical Projects, with our PETs on site.
In this role you will manage projects and change, within UK Operations, to deliver sustainable business benefits. You will lead projects from scoping, right through to implementation, within the agreed constraints of time, budget and quality. You will be responsible for leading a project team to create a robust project plan, managing an effective governance model, whilst controlling and mitigating risk. You will also be required to manage your stakeholders effectively, and therefore be able to influence and communicate well.
- Project manage and lead a Project Team to successfully deliver on the business benefit.
- Own the business case, project plan, governance model, stakeholder maps, communication plans and risk logs.
- Ensure an effective communication plan is in place, to communicate on progress to plan, risks and mitigations.
- Establish relationships with business stakeholders to capture business requirements and ensure their understanding and commitment to the project objectives.
- Lead effectively to deliver results through the project teams. Ensure coordination of the different business areas involved in a project and ensure that deadlines are met, and the risks are mitigated.
- Ensures projects adhere to the AZ frameworks (PMF, CMF) and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project. Support Process Confirmations versus these standards.
- Support Business Process Management by owning, developing and improving processes for managing projects and change, within Sourcing & Supply, and UK Operations.
- Share best practise, lessons learned and support the development of Projects Team.
- Apply Project and Change Management processes in compliance with the relevant internal and external regulations, such as the Q&C Manual, Change Controls, local SOPs etc.
- Experience of managing projects and / or change, in a similar role.
- Experience of working with the application of policies, procedures, standards and guidelines
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Goal orientated with excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- A can do, solutions focussed attitude.
- Resilient, with the ability to thrive on uncertainty and manage ambiguity.
- Willingness to grow and learn new skills.
- Knowledge and experience of the AZ Project Management (PMF) and AZ Change Management (CMF) processes and tools.
- Experience in a Pharma or similar manufacturing organisation.
- Experience of LEAN / Certification.
- Business degree / professional qualification.
- Experience of working in a global organisation with complex / geographical context
At AstraZeneca, we 're dedicated to being an outstanding Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and spark your high-reaching spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients, and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and partnership, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth, and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare!
So, what’s next?
Are you ready to bring new insights and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours.
Competitive salary and benefits.
Closing date 30/05/23
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.