Business Unit Administrator
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Business Unit Administrator
Competitive salary & benefits
Closing Date: 7th June 2023
Do you have expertise in, and passion for Marketing Administration? Would you like to apply your expertise in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you! As an Administrator you will be supporting the Oncology Franchise Head and associated Franchise Team activities
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
There are countless opportunities to develop and grow with AstraZeneca – working with top people to build a diverse career and learn what Commercial looks like at its best. A crucial step on the journey to being a future leader – it’s a fantastic opportunity if you’re up for the challenge.
At AstraZeneca UK, we bring life-changing medicines to patients across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. As a member of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI), all of our sales, marketing and communications activities are subject to the ABPI Code of Practice. If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us!
- Comprehensive diary management, to ensure that efficiency and time management is maximised. Prioritising and managing complex diary arrangements, giving OBU Franchise Head advance notification of their commitments, keeping them updated about changes and ensuring follow up of actions from meeting minutes in appropriate timescales.
- Researches travel and accommodation options, agrees and organises most effective option and produces detailed travel itineraries. Proactively re-organises travel and accommodation in response to diary changes ensuring all internal travel is approved by BUD/CP.
- Prepares Expenses submission on behalf of OBU Franchise Head and ensures spend is in line with UKMC T&E policy highlighting non-compliance
- Franchise Leadership Team Meetings – schedules dates, works with floating chair to set agenda, liaises with speakers, attends and participates in LT meetings, assists LT as required with specific actions.
- Acts as point of contact between OBU Franchise Head and Heads of Department
- Supports, leads and/or delivers projects that are aligned with Franchise/OBU objectives
- Project manages the delivery of agreed interventions
- Identifies and implements opportunities for new administration systems and processes to maximise office efficiency
Essential for the role
- Advanced verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong team ethic
- Flexibility and positive attitude.
- Project co-ordination skills
- Self-starter, able to prioritise own workload, work unsupervised and use own initiative to solve problems.
- Able to perform effectively under pressure.
- Focus on quality and attention to detail
- Maintains confidentiality and deals discretely with sensitive information at all times.
- Advanced word processing skills, extensive knowledge of Microsoft office packages
- Proven track record of delivering projects.
- Experience of organising complex meetings and complex diary management.
- Experience of exercising judgement to make decisions when appropriate
Desirable for the role
- Track record of providing effective administrative support at Director level.
- Experience of working in the pharmaceutical industry
- Basic knowledge and application ABPI Code of Practice (Compliance)
At AstraZeneca, we 're dedicated to being a phenomenal Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare. We also have a competitive salary and benefits.
So, what’s next?
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media,
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram
If you have site, country or departmental social media then feel free to switch any of the above links.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.