External Supply & Manufacturing Process & System Expert – APS SME 12 month secondment or FTC.
Location: Cheshire East, Wilmington, Delaware
Job Type: Full time
ESM (External Supply Manufacturing) Process & System Expert – APS SME
12 month secondment or FTC.
Macclesfield (UK) or Gartuna (Sweden) or Wilmington (US)
Here you can feel a strong connection to the patient. It’s what drives us every day. We are united behind one mission – finding the best solution to put our patients first. Play a critical role in making this happen, delivering our innovative medicines all the way until they reach our patients.
External Supply & Manufacturing (ESM) is accountable for sourcing and supply of externally manufactured products into the AstraZeneca network. The products managed by ESM include APIs, Formulated & Packed products, devices and components sourced from suppliers located in several different countries and supplied to customers across all regions. The supplier relationships range from buy only to contract manufacturing.
ESM Process & System Expert - APS SME role supports the GPT (Global Planning Transformation) APS (Advance Planning System) programme with providing subject matter expertise of External Supply & Manufacturing (ESM) processes and systems and in a variety of Supply Chain, Digital, Data and Analytics areas.
The role provides the knowledge and expertise into the global programme with focus on planning processes, but also covering other connected value chain processes such as Source, Make, Deliver and Finance.
The role will represent ESM in the APS programme and bring knowledge of supply chain and processes. They will perform gap fit analysis (impact assessment) for brands / supply chains / processes / suppliers / data & analytics in scope against the global processes. Role holder will agree and document design to address gaps, agree planning parameters for in scope SKUs.
- Lead technical design input for ESM.
- Responsible for ensuring ESM requirements are represented in the programme.
- Responsible for the Change impact assessment and implementation plan for ESM.
- Lead communication for ESM ensure stakeholders are up to date with programme.
- Answer questions from the System Integrator during the build phase.
- Help with local master data cleanse to align with global process.
- Lead and develop planning process and connected process reviews.
- Support in creation of local test scripts.
- Execute exploratory testing and UAT.
- Work with Core team, System Integrator and Business Consultant to resolve any issues found.
- Contribute to deployment readiness assessment.
- Change champion for deployment of OMP, engagement with local stakeholders, share standard comms and encourages adoption of new system in ESM.
- Assesses and updates local procedures versus new global process.
- Support in conducting system and process training.
- First line support for go-live issues, work with core team, system integrator and business consultant to resolve any issues.
- Help track adoption.
- Extensive Supply Chain knowledge
- Supply Planning knowledge
- Extensive SAP ERP and APO knowledge
- Project management skills
- Significant experience of operating in a global environment
- Able to lead strategic projects and initiatives across multiple sites/teams
- Strong influencing skills
- Experience in training teams and individuals
- Ability to work with complexity and manage ambiguity
- A degree or equivalent in Business, Logistics, Sciences or Engineering is preferred, equivalent experience will be considered.
- SAP and APO user.
- Lean experience
- Proven project delivery
- Demonstrated continuous improvement
- Experience of contract manufacturing
- Experience of working with external CMOs
Experience the excitement and varied challenges as we launch new products. Resilient in the face of a constant flow of groundbreaking scientific products and novel medicines. It’s the quality of the products that ignites our passion to rapidly develop innovative new processes.
At AstraZeneca, we 're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare!
So what's next!? We can't wait to hear from you with your application.
Competitive salary and benefits.
Open date - 17/05/23
Close date - 31/05/23
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.