Associate Director – R&D Data Governance
Location: Cheshire East
Job Type: Full time
Job title: Associate Director – R&D Data Governance
Macclesfield, Gothenburg, Warsaw, Barcelona
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Be empowered to be innovative and creative where difference is valued
Join a place built on innovation and creativity. Where different views and perspectives are encouraged and valued. An environment that champions inclusion, and teams that reflect the diversity of the communities that we serve. It propels each of us forward, harnessing our differences to unlock challenges and bring new solutions. Ignite your curiosity and entrepreneurial spirit to uncover new insights that challenge conventions. Here we are forever pushing the boundaries as we feel comfortable spotting opportunities, making quick decisions and taking smart risks.
A place that’s investing in the latest technology, data and innovative ways of working. Here you’ll be backed with everything you need to be at the forefront of digitising our organisation. Whether that’s working on the leading-edge, defining the future of Pharma or upskilling yourself in our Digital and Data Academy.
This role sits within the R&D Data Office, supporting the R&D Data Governance Standards Team, collaborating across all areas of the business and different SME’s at various levels. We are offering a role to join a team with the exciting opportunity of developing within an evolving Data Governance structure reaching across SET areas, where exposure to other data types, Business Functional members and learning opportunities, will unfold.
We would love to attract someone with a Pharma background to enable the deep connection and understanding to the data and offer an opportunity to develop this knowledge into the Data Governance principles.
Data Governance Strategy and Operations
- Support and lead working relationships among various roles like data owners, data stewards, system owners and data consumers.
- Moderate DG forums. Prepare agenda topics and help support the maturity of DG practices.
- Support the development and maturity of Critical Data Assets and Critical Data Elements.
- Support the periodic execution of Data Governance maturity assessments on critical data assets.
- Help drive and influence the formalization of Data Governance strategy, roadmap and operating model.
Data Governance Deliverable Management
- Support the Management of the R&D Data Governance SharePoint site.
- Support the periodic collection of information and reporting across DG key areas to Data Governance Board members.
- Support the development and standardisation of DG standard methodology documents.
- Manages projects related to Data Governance implementation and data risk mitigation, providing deep domain expertise to support internal partners with crafting their projects.
Data Standards and Quality management
- Support the business and Domains to develop and implement meaningful and measurable data standards metrics to support and monitor progress against the DG and DQ framework.
- Contribute to formalize related data standards, SOPs and guiding documents.
- Using domain expertise to support contribution to the definition of data standards, including master data, reference data and metadata.
- Liaises with SMEs and partners in a proactive way, to support the achievement of target data maturity level.
Improvement and Change
- Influence, support and drive the collaboration among data stewards, and key data and technology partners on serving business needs where implementing change initiatives.
- Support the evolving development of procedures for the maintenance of governance practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, data or technology subject area – or equivalent number of years of experience.
- Prior working experience or involvement in an implementation of Data Governance programs
- Prior working experience or involvement in Data Quality initiatives and framework
- Project Management style skill set to enable prioritization multiple workstreams across complex landscape
- Knowledge of data standards, data management and IT management regulations, policies and principles.
- Knowledge and experience with regulated and/or legal environment and requirements (e.g., GxP, data privacy and security)
- Awareness of how to refer to Data Models to connect and extract information on data centricity, critical data, reference and master data
- Awareness of the security, privacy, ethics and quality requirements for critical data entities
- Collaborator with the ability to influence peers to modify behaviours and provide support for the adoption of related data governance policies and standards
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills, which can also translate into producing high quality documentation or presentations with high quality
- Proven transformation management, drive, interpersonal, assertiveness and negotiation skills
Why we love it
If your passion is science and you want to be part of a team that makes a bigger impact on patients’ lives, then there’s no better place to be. Here we truly understand science and apply it every day to strengthen and grow our pipeline!
So, what’s next?
We encourage all applications by the 1st of June 2023.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.