Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Advert Closing Date: 4th June
Do you want to define and implement capability vision and strategy across AstraZeneca's UK Oncology Business Unit?
Our head office in Pancras Square offers us the strongest possible platform to transform the lives of patients in the UK, as the country’s leading biopharmaceutical company. It brings AstraZeneca UK closer to our customers, partners and collaborators in the UK’s healthcare environment, as well as develop greater collaboration with the wider AstraZeneca footprint.
At AstraZeneca UK, we are committed to delivering against three missions:
- Accelerating the position of the UK as a global centre of excellence in life sciences
- Redefining healthcare through fast and equitable access to the most effective medicines, high quality care
- Delivering sustainable leadership that prioritises healthy people, society and planet
We relentlessly follow the science, challenging the status quo to deliver more effective treatments to patients in need. Our dedication means we purposefully push back the limits of knowledge to change the practice of medicine. To ensure no patient is left behind, no matter what stage of disease.
Trust and empowerment are paramount to the way we work – it’s what allows us to do things differently as well as be ambitious and creative.
Here we play a key role in driving launch and commercial effectiveness. We are passionate about setting the direction and leading the business in crafting the cancer care environment and empowering care teams.
Change the way cancer is treated by making an impact at every point in the patient journey. To ultimately deliver clinical promises to the real world, improve patient outcomes and their quality of life.
What You'll do
Define and implement an OBU capabilities vision and strategy to ensure we have the skills and mindset needed for future success.
Lead the Capabilities and L&D team and ensure they effectively support and guide all functions to evolve and learn.
Build and monitor impact measures for OBU capabilities and strategic programs.
- Accountable for the delivery of operational projects and innovation initiatives aimed at strengthening core business capabilities
- Responsible for the performance and line management of the Learning and Development and Capabilities team
- Work with cross-functional leaders to identify current and emerging capabilities gaps required for the success of AstraZeneca’s future portfolio
- Develop and implement a proficiency framework to identify capability gaps across teams stratified by role and use it to track and measure training progress and impact
- Define a sustainable, industry leading capability development programme to compliment the established competency frameworks.
- Partner with subject matter experts to develop and refresh access learning modules and deliverables that address areas of focus within the development programme across OBU. Lead on OBU curation and uptake of Degreed as a central platform.
- Act as point of contact with cross-functional learning and development partners across the business (including Global/Regional/BBU) share standard methodologies and identify commonalities.
- Create a cohesive and proactive team with clear roles and responsibilities and positive innovative approach.
- Be an active and proactive member of the Business Innovation Leadership Team collaborating with Business Insights Lead, Innovation and Partnerships Lead, and Business Planning Lead to understand synergies and give clear direction to the Business Innovation team as an aligned team of leaders.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Degree in Life Sciences, Marketing or Business
- Understanding of general business and core marketing principles and application to future healthcare market challenges
- Broad pharmaceutical/healthcare and digital experience
- Strong strategic thinking, judgemental and influencing skills, to influence partners to ensure strong commercial focus
- Proven commercial track record: focus, resource deployment
- Evidence of Analysis and Communication of sophisticated messages to senior stakeholders,
- Committed, innovative and driver of change
- Autonomous, independent and self-starter
- Customer focused
- Able to interact with experts and willing to spend time in the field
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Relevant technical degree and/or MBA
- Cross Therapy Area experience
- Capability Building experience
- Broader experience gained working in different functions
- Learning or Training experience
- Exposure to decision-making bodies
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.