Nominated Signatory - Respiratory
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Location: London, UK
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Closing date: 21st June 2023
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Medical and Scientific Affairs?
As a Nominated Signatory, you'll play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
At AstraZeneca UK, we bring life-changing medicines to patients across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. As a member of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI), all of our sales, marketing and communications activities are subject to the ABPI Code of Practice. If you're inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do - join us!
Our move to Pancras Square offers us the strongest possible platform to transform the lives of patients in the UK, as the country's leading biopharmaceutical company. It will bring AstraZeneca UK closer to our customers, partners and stakeholders in the UK's healthcare environment, as well as cultivate greater collaboration with the wider AstraZeneca footprint.
Join our industry-leading BioPharmaceuticals team, where our rich and diverse pipeline speaks for itself. Be part of delivering our vision to be the leader in Cardiovascular, Renal, Metabolism, Respiratory and Immunology by 2025.
Results-driven and ambitious, we thrive in our vibrant environment. There's a fusion of support, trust and agility that allows us to be hands-on and take ownership as we run fast to stay ahead. Be part of a global, winning team filled with the smartest minds.
We get to transform the practice of medicine and deliver value to healthcare systems to improve the health and well-being of lives across the world.
It's a place for continuous learning, exchanging knowledge and building standard methodologies to grow your career.
- Grow an in-depth understanding of AZ disease areas and the self-regulatory framework the pharmaceutical industry works within
- Review and approve agreed materials and activities within area(s) of defined brand or medical accountability, as defined by local SOPs
- Stay up to date with ABPI Code of Practice and share best practice with brand and medical teams of defined therapy area
- Support delivery of the Medical and Scientific Affairs strategy
- Integrated business partner to the cross functional team in aligned disease/therapy area
- Signatory activities, maintenance of high standards and compliance.
- Ensure compliance of all AZ Governance Framework and ABPI Code of Practice
- Lead coach and mentor TA aligned AQP, and ensure they develop the required capabilities to deliver on all matters related to their roles.
- Act as a role model and ensure ethical/professional behaviour
Essential Skills and Experience
- Registered Physician (preferably GMC) or Pharmacist (member of General Pharmaceutical Council of GB)
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry as a medical signatory
- Previous experience working in a compliance, safety, quality, regulatory, health economics environment or Medical Information within the NHS or pharmaceutical industry
- Up to date scientific knowledge and expertise
- Practical understanding of the ABPI code of Practice
- Cross functional working and collaboration with colleagues across wide range of teams
- Problem solving skills and the ability to think strategically
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Business acumen/ entrepreneurship; seek out opportunities and new ways of working
- Member/Fellow of a Royal College or the Royal Pharmaceutical Society Knowledge of the ABPI code of practice
- Expertise in at least one of the disease/therapy areas of AstraZeneca
- An understanding of commercialisation processes/marketing activities and needs surrounding the effective promotion of drug products.
- Media and digital channel nominated signatory experience
At AstraZeneca we're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There's no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We're on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what's next?
If you are inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do by joining us on this exciting journey and believe you can contribute to this bold ambition - join us!
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook