Senior Agile Project Manager
Location: Cheshire East, Luton
Job Type: Full time
Agile Project Manager (Veeva CRM)
Luton/Macclesfield – UK
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Closing date: 5th June 2023
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven Biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca, we 're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and fuel your ambitious spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development!
Veeva CRM in AstraZeneca
Our Agile Veeva Delivery Team is global in scope and the AstraZeneca Veeva platform is a primary resource for our Field Force organisation of approximately 35,000 people. Here our work has a direct impact on patients. We empower the Field Force to perform at its peak, providing innovative ways of engaging with HCPs and HCAs, and driving the Field Force to take action based on insights. Our platform is integrated with all the core Commercial IT Platforms including Reltio Master Data Management, Global Data Hub and Digital Campaign Mgt (Salesforce, Adobe Analytics, MCRM etc.) We operate out of hubs sites in the UK, US and our Global Innovation Technology Centres in India and Mexico – and in markets all over the world.
As an Agile Project Manager responsibilities will include the following:
- Promoting agile ways of working and educating the team around agile delivery methodologies.
- Scrum matrix management of a Veeva platform delivery team which includes Developers, Testers and Business Analysts so they collaborate effectively together to deliver high value changes for the Business.
- Organising and facilitating Agile meetings and workshops (for example, sprint planning, sprint demos, retrospectives and Scrum of Scrum meetings)
- Developing and mentoring the Veeva platform delivery team so they are confident with Agile ways of working
- Developing a solid functional understanding of the Veeva platform (& it’s integrations with other Commercial IT platforms) so that you can make valuable contributions to backlog refinement decision making, readiness of changes for production deployment etc.
- Measure Agile critical metrics for the Veeva Delivery Team to continuously improve their value and productivity
- Create a team environment that rewards collaboration, knowledge transfer, and excellent relationship building
- Support the process of budget allocation to resources, internal recharging, and supplier invoice payments for the Platform, and ensure we stay within the budget
- Work closely with Business Relationship Managers and GBL Veeva Platform Delivery Lead to ensure activities the resources are assigned to, are aligned with the priorities cascaded to us by the Business Relationship Managers, on behalf of the Business.
Platform Delivery Operations
- Drive scrum team sprint execution at the team level, support the Scrum Leads, act as the go to person in the event of any risks, issues or blockers
- Provide Status Reports to the GBL Veeva Platform Delivery Lead & other key partners in the Commercial IT Leadership Team
- Partner with GBL Veeva Platform Delivery Lead, Business Relationship Managers and Business Analysts to understand user story backlogs and priorities
- Work closely with the Scrum Team to handle capacity and review sprint points (estimated effort) assigned to stories and tasks
- Plan and hold Agile ceremonies including sprint planning, sprint demos, and scrum team/BRM retrospectives.
- Lead team-level impediment discussions, seek to resolve using standard governance frameworks and partner concern paths up to Leadership Steer level
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree level education in computer science or similar
- Solid understanding of Agile Software Development techniques and methodologies
- Prior experience in Veeva CRM is preferred
- Experience of handling relationships with 3rd party suppliers
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Experience of working within a quality and compliance environment and application of policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Demonstrate initiative, strong customer orientation, and cross-cultural working
So, what’s next?
Are you already envisioning yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=enr
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.