Change Lead - Productivity Initiatives
Location: Cheshire East, Luton
Job Type: Full time
Change Lead - Productivity Initiatives
Location: Luton, UK / Macclesfield, UK / Warsaw, Poland
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
In GBS we dare to change the way we work – we are brave, resilient and take smart risks with a focus on simplifying the way we work. Through our global scale and diverse services, we look to drive value through our innovation and expertise. This requires a team who see no boundaries, can collaborate and challenge the norm and feel empowered, motivated and engaged.
In our role as a global business services group, we are passionate about working smarter, to free up time, free up money, protect value and provide new capabilities to the enterprise – all to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.
Reporting to the GBS Acceleration & Expansion Programme Director, you will play a key role in ensuring the success of the programme by driving the successful and effective delivery of change activities. This role will focus on the people side of change, which involves developing and implementing change management strategies, communicating with stakeholders, providing leadership and guidance to project/programme teams, and monitoring and reporting on progress and outcomes. The programme is part of the AstraZeneca Future of Work Programme.
To be successful in this role, you will be an excellent listener, communicator, and be able to drive successful and effective adoption of change initiatives. You will be proficient with changes that impact employees in their daily work, alongside change management methodologies and techniques. You will work with change roles within individual projects, to develop and drive continuity and good practice across the board.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Working closely with the Programme Director, Project Change Managers, and the wider programme team, to ensure that projects deliver on time, on budget and in line with quality and compliance standards, by enabling successful and effective implementation of change.
- Lead and build a structured change management methodology for the GBS Acceleration & Expansion programme
- Guide change management activities, including leveraging the change management methodology, and associated process and tools, to support the implementation the changes required by a project or initiative
- Responsible for communications, including developing communications strategies that can be used by the programme to communicate change initiatives to stakeholders across the organisation
- Responsible for stakeholder management, including senior stakeholders within both the programme and the wider business
- Develop methods to assess the impact of change, supporting change managers to conduct impact assessments, assess change readiness and identify key stakeholders via stakeholder analysis.
- Support training by providing input, ensuring requirements are analysed and documented for the design and delivery of training programs.
- Supervise the implementation of change initiatives, including integrating change management activities into plans, tracking and reporting risks & issues, and identifying mitigation of risks and resolution of issues.
- Responsible for providing change leadership and guidance to project and programme teams, and other stakeholders, throughout the change process, including coaching, mentoring and developing change management skills and capabilities
- Support change managers with their roles, including identifying and managing anticipated and persistent resistance, evaluating and ensuring people readiness and developing project deliverables for the change management plans
- Support organisational design and definition of roles and responsibilities
- Coordinate efforts with other specialists and ensure that best practice is being utilised across the programme
- Define and measure success metrics for projects and programme, and monitor and report on the change progress
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline, or a change management related qualification
- Experience in change management, with a proven track record
- Experience with, and knowledge of, change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts
- Demonstrate exceptional communication and relationship building skills, both written and verbal, and excellent active listening skills
- Strong networking/consulting skills and ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to interpret and communicate technical information into business language and in alignment with the AZ business
- Ability to influence and convince others
- Able to work effectively at all levels of an organization
- Excellent business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges, with sensitivity to business context
- Knowledge of the AstraZeneca operating model and organisation
- Experience of working in a global organisation with complex/geographical context
- Prior experience of working on productivity or efficiency projects
At AstraZeneca, we 're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and fuel your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
Please note that AstraZeneca adopts a flexible working policy, this is an office-based role and the expectation is that you are in the office 3 days per week.
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you! Are you ready to bring new insights and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours
Where can I find out more? Our Social Media:
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn - LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook - Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram - Instagr
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.