Medical Affairs Lead - Vaccines and Immune Therapies
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Medical Affairs Lead – Vaccines and Immune Therapies
Location: London, UK
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Closing date: 8th June 2023
Do you have expertise in, and passion for public health, infectious diseases and vaccines?
Would you like to impact UK Public Health in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines?
Do you have experience in a Medical Affairs role with a track record of driving strategic leadership across the medical marketing interface?
Join our industry-leading BioPharmaceuticals team, where our rich and diverse pipeline speaks for itself. It’s an exciting time for our team as we redefine the future, working towards our vision to be the leader in Cardiovascular, Renal, Metabolism, Respiratory and Immunology by 2025.
A ground-breaking, fast-paced place, here you can feel the buzz and that’s why we love it.
At AstraZeneca UK, we are committed to delivering against three missions:
- Accelerating the position of the UK as a global centre of excellence in life sciences
- Redefining healthcare through fast and equitable access to the most effective medicines, high quality care
- Delivering sustainable leadership that prioritises healthy people, society and planet
Our head office in Pancras Square offers us the strongest possible platform to transform the lives of patients in the UK, as the country’s leading biopharmaceutical company. It brings AstraZeneca UK closer to our customers, partners and collaborators in the UK’s healthcare environment, as well as develop greater collaboration with the wider AstraZeneca footprint.
What you’ll do
As Medical Affairs Lead – Vaccines & Immune Therapies, you will use your Clinical and scientific expertise to develop, lead, and implement world class medical strategy which drives scientific leadership & clinical practice change at scale.
- Lead the medical & scientific strategy to advance clinical practice in alignment with brand & business objectives
- Lead portfolio launch strategy & execution (pre and peri launch), healthcare system & pathway change strategy, practice changing & real world evidence, and omnichannel education initiatives
- Provide strategic leadership to enable delivery of field medical objectives and critical metrics through Field Medical Teams aligned to national and regional cross-functional field team objectives
- Support the Medical & Scientific input to business strategic and operational planning, including support of Policy team agenda
- Support high level external collaborator engagement with external experts, professional societies and patient groups.
- Support delivery of clinical insight, customer focus and clinical governance into commercial objectives
- Represent UK in the Regional & Global Medical affairs teams for defined therapy area
Essential Skills and Experience
- Higher degree in a scientific field (MBBS, MPHARM, PhD or equivalent)
- Extensive experience within Medical Affairs and/or within the Infectious Disease / Vaccines therapy Areas
- Leadership track record across the medical-marketing interface
- Extensive patient and customer insight through experience of working with the NHS (or similar health system)
- Proven track record to influence and interact with external customers
- Evidence of effective team working and accountability
- Understanding of the ABPI code of practice
- Higher degree in Public Health (MPH, DrPH or equivalent)
- Registered Physician (preferably GMC) or Pharmacist (General Pharmaceutical Council)
- Member/Fellow of a Royal College or the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
- Technical expertise in infectious diseases, vaccines and/or immune therapies
- Extensive experience of the UK pharmaceutical industry
- Hold or able to acquire Nominated Signatory status (within 6 months)
- Extensive experience in clinical trials & evidence generation
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
If you are inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do by joining us on this exciting journey and believe you can contribute to this bold ambition – join us!
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.