S/4 Data Design Lead - Production to Factory Door
Location: Cheshire East, Luton, Wilmington, Delaware
Job Type: Full time
Role Title – SAP S/4HANA Data Design Lead – Production to Factory Door
Global S4Hana Programme
Location – Macclesfield or Luton UK, Wilmington US, Södertälje SE
We are one purpose-led global organisation. The enablers and innovators, ensuring that we can fulfil our mission to push the boundaries of science and discover and develop life-changing medicines. We take pride in working close to the cause, opening the locks to save lives, ultimately making a massive difference to the outside world.
AstraZeneca (AZ) is in a period of strong growth and our employees have a united purpose to make a difference to patients around the world who need both our medicines and the ongoing developments from our science. In this journey AZ must continue to work across borders and with partners and new colleagues in a fast and seamless way. The ambition, size and complexity of the organisation, coupled with the opportunities afforded by new technology, has led the Board to approve a large scale transformation of the IT landscape by the replacement of current ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems with one global solution.
Our current technology is used by more than 20,000 employees daily, is foundational to all AZ entities and is central to most core business processes. This programme provides the opportunity for real transformation and to shape the way of working globally for many years to come.
This programme requires the best. Whether it be the technical skills, business understanding or change leadership, we want to ensure we have the strongest team deployed throughout. The programme seeks to deliver a world class change programme that leaves all employees with a fuller understanding of their role in the end-to-end nature of our global company. This programme will provide AZ with a competitive edge, to the benefits of its employees and patients.
The S/4 Data Design Lead - Production to Factory Door is responsible for leading on all business data requirements within the S/4 HANA design process, along with defining and documenting the S/4 Enterprise Data Standards and ensuring that existing ECC data is fit for purpose at the point of migration to S/4 HANA. The role is aligned to the Production to Factory Door EPO Area and is responsible for owning the relationship between the S/4 Data and Analytics organisation and the Enterprise Process Owners (EPOs), and proactively engaging with the wider business (including data offices and governance forums) to ensure that the S/4 data design meets business requirements, aligns to SAP standard where possible and that S/4 data can be used with confidence achieving a clean and sustainable S/4 Core.
- Lead the definition, documentation and implementation of S/4 Enterprise Data standards related to Production to Factory Door, including master data, reference data and metadata – setting the business context and ensuring approval in accordance with defined data governance. To include the development of conceptual models, business glossary and ontologies.
- Apply data, process and object expertise to support S/4 process design, acting as an integral part of the Production to Factory Door design team, considering both business process and analytics requirements.
- Own relationship with current business data capability to ensure that S/4 design and the wider enterprise data design remain aligned (including supporting interim state).
- Lead and direct the prioritisation of data delivery as related to Production to Factory Door, defining and managing reporting on progress to relevant stakeholders.
- Define the change journey from current to future state data design including completion of change impact assessments and outline of critical use case examples.
- Ensure that non-SAP system requirements are understood and considered in the data design (for example Pas X, OMP, Trackwise, Discoverant)
- Contribute to the development of the S/4 Data Governance Strategy and Roadmap, in collaboration with the business data offices, the S/4 Data & Analytics leadership team and wider project delivery engine where relevant.
- Assist in the development of the S/4 Data Quality Strategy and secure its execution through the steering and agreeing the data quality approach for data within Production to Factory Door enabling simplified migration, interim state, and the ongoing management of data to ensure that it remains fit for purpose post deployment.
- Contribute to the development of the S/4 Cleanse and Migrate strategy and execution approaches and plans.
- Steer and agree the cleanse and enrichment approach for data within Production to Factory Door in accordance with the overall data cleanse strategy.
- Provide support to project data migration processes, including the co-ordination of pre and post load business sign off.
- Ensure that data within Production to Factory Door complies with the S/4 HANA Data Governance Framework and AZ Global Data Standards.
- Assist the S/4 Data Governance team in the creation of effective global procedures to ensure that each data asset is governed throughout its lifecycle.
Essential for the role
- Significant experience and subject matter expertise in Production to Factory Door data (including data objects – plant, bill of materials, storage location, recipe, batch master, product hierarchy, material master). Demonstrable knowledge of how business data requirements support process execution and analytics, with the ability to explain complex data concepts to business users.
- Experience of designing and implementing Data Standards for a global enterprise with significant geographical and functional footprint.
- Demonstrable SAP working knowledge across transactions and reporting in an SAP environment, including an understanding of how data integrates within an SAP architecture.
- Experience of Business/IT partnering for the implementation of Data Governance-related solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a diverse, global team, within and across functions. Experience with global working and across cultures.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills with the ability to influence others to achieve objectives
- Ability to lead and manage negotiations across a complex group, to a target outcome.
Desirable for the role
- Representatives from solution integration partner
- Outsource partners to deliver targeted outcomes
- External Peer forums
Applications open Friday the 8th of September 2023
Applications close Sunday the 8th of October 2023
At Astrazeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
- Are you already imaging yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and hope its yours
- If you’re curious to know more then we welcome your application no later than
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.