Director Statistical Programming, Early Career Manager
Location: Cheshire East
Job Type: Full time
Job Title: Director Statistical Programming, Early Career Manager
Location: Macclesfield, Mississauga, Warsaw, Barcelona
Competitive salary and benefits
Play a meaningful role in making our pipeline accessible to patients.
Do you have expertise in, and passion for Statistical Programming? Would you like to apply your skills to impact all phases of drug development and regulatory interactions, in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca offers phenomenal opportunities for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
Join the team dedicated to Oncology, with an ambition to eliminate cancer as a cause of death. It’s our big vision that unites and encourages us. With multiple indications and high-quality molecules at all stages of our innovative pipeline, we keep pushing forward. Fusing ground breaking science with the latest technology to achieve breakthroughs. Backed by investment, we are striving to deliver 10 new medicines by 2030.
We work on some of the most sophisticated and exciting challenges. A fast-paced and agile team, we are empowered and trusted to innovate and experiment. With access to our extensive capabilities and comprehensive pipeline, you’ll be involved in countless submissions and a wide range of engaging projects along the complete drug development process.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
We are currently seeking a highly skilled and expert Science Director to join our team as an Early Careers Manager.
As the Early Careers Manager, you will play a pivotal role in crafting the future of our organization by nurturing, developing and empowering the next generation of statistical programmers.
In this role, you will be responsible for the recruitment, management, and development of biometrics early career talent across a number of early careers programs.
This is an excellent chance to define a significant impact and contribute to the growth and success of our company.
- Build and manage a team of early career talent in statistical programming, including leading recruitment, onboarding, and training processes.
- Enable growth and development of early career talent by implementing structured training programs that establish technical capabilities and transferrable skills.
- Lead, mentor, and coach a team of statisticians or programmers, encouraging their readiness and providing opportunities for independent study assignments.
- Collaborate and coordinate with statistics and programming technical leads to identify technical and process assignments that promote continual growth and develop broad knowledge and skills.
- Perform performance management of the team and ensuring continuing professional development of your team.
- Collaborate and represent the company in early career initiatives and groups, both internally and externally.
- Develop and influence the early career global strategy for Biometrics.
Education, Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Degree in Mathematics (e.g., Applied Math, Engineering, etc.), Statistics, Computer Science, Life Science, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in leadership roles within statistical programming.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and develop others.
- Clinical trial experience.
Join our dynamic and forward-thinking organization where you can make a real difference in the development of early career talent. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and the opportunity to work with a diverse team of talented professionals. Apply now to be considered for this exciting opportunity as an Early Careers Manager.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So what's next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining us? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Competitive salary and benefits package on offer.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media,
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.