S/4HANA Operational Transfer Pricing Lead
Location: Cheshire East, Gaithersburg, Maryland, Luton, New Haven, Connecticut
Job Type: Full time
S/4HANA Operational Transfer Pricing Lead
Location: Luton, Macclesfield UK, Gothenburg, Sodertalje SWE, Gaithersburg, New Haven US
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Global S/4HANA Programme
We are one purpose-led global organisation. The enablers and innovators, ensuring that we can fulfil our mission to push the boundaries of science and discover and develop life-changing medicines. We take pride in working close to the cause, opening the locks to save lives, ultimately making a massive difference to the outside world.
AstraZeneca (AZ) is in a period of strong growth and our employees have a united purpose to make a difference to patients around the world who need both our medicines and the ongoing developments from our science. In this journey AZ must continue to work across borders and with partners and new colleagues in a fast and seamless way.
The ambition, size and complexity of the organisation, coupled with the opportunities afforded by new technology, has led the Board to approve a large scale transformation of the IT landscape by the replacement of current ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems with one global solution.
Our current technology is used by more than 20,000 employees daily, is foundational to all AZ entities and is central to most core business processes. This programme provides the opportunity for real transformation and to shape the way of working globally for many years to come.
This programme requires the best. Whether it be the technical skills, business understanding or change leadership, we want to ensure we have the strongest team deployed throughout.
The programme seeks to deliver a world class change programme that leaves all employees with a fuller understanding of their role in the end-to-end nature of our global company. This programme will provide AZ with a competitive edge, to the benefits of its employees and patients.
We are now looking for an Operational Transfer Pricing Lead who will be responsible for designing and delivering the Operational Transfer Pricing process and technology design. This will involve ensuring that opportunities for process improvement and modernisation are delivered and that the overall process and technology design meets business objectives and regulatory requirements.
What you'll do:
- Lead the end-to-end operational transfer pricing process and technology design in the Axial programme. This will include:
- Managing a number of collaborators across general finance, group tax, manufacturing operations and technology to design the right process and technology solutions for AZ to support the business’ next phase of growth.
- Leading the design and the key design outputs to determine the correct technologies, process and operating model for delivering on AZ’s operational transfer pricing requirements for both internal and external customers.
- Reviewing, understanding and assessing AZ’s current operational transfer pricing processes and solutions.
- Understanding the new capabilities of S/4 HANA and how they can integrate, enhance or replace the current processes and technologies.
- Designing and inputting into the new enterprise data model for operational transfer pricing.
- Leading steering committee/design authorities discussions as you go through the design.
- Once the design phase is complete, you will move to leading the implementation of the new operational transfer pricing process and technologies. This will include:
- Managing a multi-functional group of partners across group tax, general finance, manufacturing operations and technology to resolve correct implementation plan and assess the impact on our current delivering model.
- Maintaining an appropriate resource profile to deliver against the implementation plan drawing down on specific change, technology and transfer pricing specialist knowledge as you deem appropriate.
- Leading steering committee/design authority discussions as you go through the implementation.
- Leading the taking of the new processes and technologies live per the agreed deployment plan.
Other more general activities as part of the role could include:
- Provide the expertise with regards to S/4HANA capability and standard process design for Tax.
- Support the programme tax lead in ensuring that the design improves opportunities for improvements and covers all areas for a successful transition
- Builds key design decisions for presentation to relevant partner groups to seek approval/feedback.
- Clarify and complete the key global design activities that will generate the golden template; scope definition, identification of the standard process
- Ensure that the standard process design is based on standard SAP S/4HANA, documenting and agreeing exceptions where appropriate.
- Develop and run “fit to standard” workshops to align and confirm the golden template with a cross section of the business
- Create and sustain key project artefacts required to develop a successful transition to SAP S/4HANA, including the end to end process flows and key elements of the information model
- Liaises with the data team to provide requirements and the guide rails for the cleanse and clear data activity.
- Ensures that all improvement project work is carried out with regards to AstraZeneca standards and external regulations.
- Networks with colleagues across the business and experts to identify business improvement opportunities
- Ensures efficient and effective leadership and management of business Improvement projects
- Keeps self and others up to date on recent developments and emerging trends on an internal and external basis
- Maintains the process and technology for identifying and tracking continuous improvement initiatives
- Prioritises Tax improvement issues and delivers own business improvement findings and recommendations to a multi-functional team
Essential for the role:
- Delivering finance change activities across a large and diverse partner group.
- Defining, designing and implementing operational transfer pricing processes for large multinational corporations, either working in house or in practice.
- S/4 HANA experience is preferred but not essential!
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit.
There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
Are you already imaging yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.