Medical Science Liaison - Biologics
Job Type: Full time
Medical Science Liaison - 12 months Secondment
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Advert Closing Date: 24th Sept 2023
Do you have expertise in and passion for Medical Science Liaison Management? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Medical Science Liaison in a company that follows science and turns ideas into life-changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
In the BioPharmaceuticals Business Unit team, we thrive in our diverse and vibrant environment. Part of a global research-led enterprise, there’s always novel science to bring to market.
It brings out the best in us – provided with all the support and tools needed and the agility to move fast. Unleash your ambition and your true self. Part of our inclusive environment where there’s an opportunity for global mobility, continuous
learning and building best practices.
A ground-breaking, fast-paced place, here you can feel the buzz, and that’s why we love it.
At AstraZeneca UK, we are committed to delivering against three missions:
- Accelerating the position of the UK as a global centre of excellence in life sciences
- Redefining healthcare through fast and equitable access to the most effective medicines, high-quality care
- Delivering sustainable leadership that prioritises healthy people, society and the planet
Our move to Pancras Square offers us the most robust possible platform to transform patients' lives in the UK as the country’s leading biopharmaceutical company. It will bring AstraZeneca UK closer to our customers, partners and stakeholders in the UK’s healthcare environment, as well as foster greater collaboration with the wider AstraZeneca footprint.
What you’ll do
As a Medical Science Liaison, you will act as a medical/clinical education liaison to external and internal partners while supporting the company's commercial, research, and educational objectives. This role will engage with customers and colleagues across medical affairs and commercial groups to provide medical and scientific support for our on-market as well as help launch newer products.
The ideal candidate will have a combination of Biologics knowledge/experience.
Please note that this role covers the Midlands region:
Essential for the role
- Clinical, scientific or life sciences background
- Strategic mindset with the ability to take operationalise strategy
- Cross-functional and collaborative approach
- Understanding of local health economy and interaction with patient pathways
- Understanding of clinical pathways design and delivery, common barriers to optimal care and how to navigate
- Communication and presentation skills
Desirable for the role
- Knowledge of relevant therapy areas
- Experience in the development of clinical trial programmes in support of the therapy area portfolio, an advantage
- Experience of account management
- Knowledge experience of real-world data projects
At AstraZeneca, we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference in medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration and is always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
So, what’s next?
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new insights and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours.
We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.