Project Manager – Biologics Engineering, Oncology R&D ~ 12 month contract
Job Type: Full time
Project Manager – Biologics Engineering ~ 12
Reports to: Associate Director and MLAB Project Lead
Location: Granta Park, Cambridge, UK (transitioning to the Cambridge Biomedical Campus)
*This role is a 12-month contract opportunity
An exciting opportunity exists within the Biologics Engineering team in Cambridge. We are seeking a project manager to be responsible for driving, monitoring, and reporting project delivery within our AI in BE Initiative. If this describes you, we are keen to hear from you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
Welcome to Granta Park Cambridge, UK, one of over 400 sites here at AstraZeneca, providing a collaborative environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves is at the core of AstraZeneca’s priorities, it’s important to us that you bring your full self to work every day. To help you maintain your best self, here’s a sneak peek into some of the things this site provides for you… Granta Park has a newly built gym with swimming pool, nursery and central food hub accessible to staff as part of the science park facilities. We also have our own bistro and deli in the AstraZeneca buildings. There are regular ‘Lunch & Learn’ events and after work socials with snacks and drinks on the last Friday of every month. This is our biggest and most spacious lab site in Cambridge…come and join us.
In the Oncology Business Unit we relentlessly follow the science, challenging the status quo to deliver more effective treatments to patients in need. Our dedication means we purposefully push back the limits of knowledge to change the practice of medicine. To ensure no patient is left behind, no matter what stage of disease.
What you'll do
As a Project Manager, you will primarily be responsible for driving, monitoring and reporting project delivery within our AI in BE initiative, including our award-winning Machine Learning-driven Antibody and Biologics (MLAB) project. Using your knowledge and experience project management, you will be accountable for applying structured project, resource and change management tools and processes to define and deliver sophisticated, strategic projects globally.
This role will provide the opportunity to interact and collaborate with a wide group of partners including senior management, functional Business Planning and Operations teams, IT, counterparts in Biopharma and Oncology R&D and other subject-matter specialists to deliver these projects and impactful changes.
Experience in leading complexity and prioritising work in line with business priorities is a key skill for this role, in addition to being adaptable, collaborative and motivated to find solutions and reach goals.
- Project deliverables to maximise business benefit of AI in BE initiatives, primarily MLAB, while achieving milestones, managing resources and ensuring conflicting needs are reconciled
- Operational Project Management activities:
- Managing/coordinating across multiple workstreams to ensure objectives, dependencies and milestone delivery
- Tracking and reporting to appropriate governance, business partners and senior management
- Apply appropriate methodologies and tools to translate project vision into practical project plans that ensure impactful solutions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Manage and track ongoing risks and issues and produce mitigation plans where necessary
- Collaborate with other projects and initiatives to support the delivery of short term improvement or implementation projects as required by the project team, as well as performance updates
- Manage and build relationships with external scientific collaborators and contractors to drive project delivery
- Support business planning processes including Long-Term Planning and Mid-Term Planning in line with AI in BE initiatives
- Degree (BA/BSc) in scientific field, business or equivalent.
- Professional experience and qualification in project management
- Proven capability of managing multi-disciplinary collaborative project teams to deliver strategic and complex projects and operational activities on-time, on-budget and to agreed business requirements.
- Proven ability to operate independently, defining scope and taking ownership of results.
- Experienced in using MS Office Suite, especially PowerPoint, Word and Excel, as well as project/activity tracking tools (i.e. Smartsheets, JIRA)
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and communications skills.
- Background in managing/delivering projects related to harnessing AI technologies
- Experience in the pharmaceuticals industry, including contracting with external scientific partners.
- Understanding of Agile Methodologies
- Strong team leadership skills.
- Comfort with ambiguity and fast pace.
Competitive salary & benefits
The successful candidate will have access to a flexible employee benefits fund, including holiday purchase and flexible time off, pension contributions, Share Save Plans, A performance recognition scheme and a competitive, generous remuneration package.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big.
So, what’s next
Are you ready to bring new insights and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.