Enterprise Data & AI Regulatory Risk Manager
Location: Cheshire East
Job Type: Full time
Enterprise Data & AI Regulatory Risk Manager
Competitive salary and benefits
close date: 21st Septemeber 2023
Are you looking for your next role in an innovative - driven Biopharmaceutical business that focuses on some of the worlds most serious disease?
At AstraZeneca, we 're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and ignite your entrepreneurial spirit. There's no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
ABOUT OUR IT TEAM
Here our work has a direct impact on patients - transforming our ability to develop life-changing medicines. We empower the business to perform at its peak and lead a new way of working, combining innovative science with leading digital technology platforms and data. All with a passion to impact lives through data, analytics, AI, machine learning and more. Join us at a crucial stage of our journey in becoming a digital and data-led enterprise. Make the impossible possible by building partnerships and ecosystems, creating new ways of working and driving scale and speed to deliver exponential growth. Focused and committed, and backed with the investment to succeed, we're driving cross-company change to redefine the entire industry. Ours is a place to innovate, take ownership and run with it.
About the role?
The Enterprise Data & AI Regulatory Risk lead is a new role within the Enterprise Data Office team (EDO). The role will work closely with partners across AZ to establish and drive an enterprise approach to how we understand the Data and AI regulatory environment that impacts AZ, how we resolve associated Data and AI risks and establish the processes and procedures for risk mitigation and awareness across AZ. The role will manage the enterprise Data & AI Regulatory Intelligence capability that ensures AZ has both visibility of the external regulatory environment and understands the impact on the way that we conduct our business. You also will be responsible for developing and manging a comprehensive set of standards and controls for Data and AI risk management within AstraZeneca.
You will engage with stakeholders consuming the outputs of the Data & AI Regulatory Intelligence capability to ensure they meet requirements and are distributed in a timely manner.
Responsibilities will be expected to evolve over time as our approach to Regulatory Risk matures and develops. They will include but will not be restricted to leading and carrying out
- Determine the requirements of a Data Regulatory Intelligence capability on an ongoing basis
- Manage vendors supplying regulatory intelligence services and technology
- Distribute outputs of the capability to stakeholders
- Identify where policies and standards are likely to need updates based on changes to regulatory landscape
- Identify to stakeholders opportunities to influence developing legislation and regulation.
- Lead a matrix team of specialists in Data and AI regulatory risk who will also develop an education and awareness program across AZ user types about the need for, and the embedding of good regulatory risk policies and practices throughout the company.
- Establish standard process for partnering with business users who consume AZ data to ensure AZ maximises the value from its data.
- Use specialist knowledge and expertise to identify improvements to ensure that the enterprise Data and Ai regulatory risk standards continue to evolve to meet the changing regulatory and business landscape.
Experience and Knowledge
- A good understanding of Data and AI regulatory risk practices and carrying out business audits and requirements gathering.
- A graduate information management or data management qualification or extensive experience working within an information or data management setting.
- Experience in leading a data-oriented programme
- Solid ability to extract information by questioning, active listening and interviewing
- An understanding of relevant statutory frameworks applying to data governance such as the (e.g. Data Protection Act)
- Specialist knowledge of Data and AI regulatory risk principles and practices.
- Superb communication and social skills - able to collaborate closely with employees at all levels.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to produce clear requirements, specifications and documentation
- Demonstrable ability to communicate embed business process and system wide changes to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Ability to work under stress and manage conflicting priorities.
WHY JOIN US?
Exploring new ground-breaking technology. We enable AstraZeneca to perform at its peak by delivering world-class technology and data solutions. Our work unlocks the potential of science. We optimise and evolve AstraZeneca by maximising efficiencies and finding new ways to drive productivity. From automation to data simplification. We're not afraid to take ownership and run with it. Empowered with unrivalled freedom.
Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors!
SO, WHAT'S NEXT?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we'd love to hear from you! Click the link to apply, and we'll be in touch as soon as we can