Senior Planning Engineer
Location: Cheshire East
Job Type: Full time
Senior Planning Engineer
Macclesfield (UK) OR Sodertalje (SWE) OR Gaithersburg (US)
Close date: 27th September 2023
Competitive salary and benefits
Do you have expertise in, and passion for Construction Planning? Would you like to apply your expertise in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you're our kind of person.
We are looking for a Senior Planning Engineer to join our Global Engineering and Real Estate's Capital Projects (Project Services) function. The role involves providing support to one or more projects along with contributing to business process management in the planning and scheduling subject area. Reports to Global Planning Lead.
In this role, you will be accountable for:
- Leading and/or supporting the development of project schedules for a given project or set of projects, implementing a coordinated approach with others as appropriate.
- Developing conceptual schedules using minimal information typically available at early development stages. Develop detailed schedules when not prepared by others, including supporting basis of schedule document(s).
- Conducting interactive planning sessions with project teams and other partners
- When requested, provide recommendations to the review and analysis of RFP (tender invitations) and bids from design and/or construction firms and other key vendors.
- Developing and implementing schedule control and progress measurement systems, utilising third-party systems wherever appropriate. Review third-party forecasts to confirm they reflect current project trends and performance levels. Resource-load the schedule(s) where appropriate.
- Ensuring schedule risk analysis and management is appropriately implemented along with schedule reserve management processes. Facilitate risk identification and evaluation sessions where appropriate vs. use of external resources.
- Coordinating with estimating and cost control resources to ensure alignment between cost estimate / forecast and schedule. Equally, ensure schedules reflect project execution plan and procurement strategies.
- Ensuring planning and scheduling work from third parties are of the right quality and align with AstraZeneca expectations.
- Providing monthly schedule performance data to support progress reporting, customer concern of issues etc.
- Performing technical schedule analysis for own project schedules and support peer reviews with others. Ensure project schedules meet encouraged corporate requirements.
- Taking ownership for the quality of schedule-related content within any project gate-review documentation.
- Supporting the development and delivery of training to key partners in good practices related to planning and scheduling.
- Supporting completion of project data capture forms to ensure timely collection of data for future use.
- Actively supporting and taking ownership in key parts of the development and implementation of the Project Services Operating Model including procedures, tools and templates.
- Leading and taking responsibility for special projects and initiatives to support the organisation, as assigned.
Essential for the role
- Engineering, construction management or equivalent degree.
- Appropriate experience in project control, planning and/or construction management, with a detailed knowledge of CPM planning fundamentals.
- Demonstrated experience in at least one of the major scheduling software including Primavera P6, Microsoft Project etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills. Able to work optimally with multiple project and management teams.
- Proven team player, willing to consider and accept other views and concepts in reaching critical decisions.
- Global projects experience.
- Able to perform work as required on project sites or at contractor office locations.
- Demonstrated record of delivering services for relevant project sizes and complexities.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what's next!Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Inclusion & Diversity: https://careers.astrazeneca.com/inclusion-diversity
Career Site: https://careers.astrazeneca.com/