Ops IT Senior Business Analyst – Supply Chain / Product Security
Location: Cheshire East
Job Type: Full time
Ops IT Senior Business Analyst – Supply Chain / Product Security
Multiple Possible Locations: Macclesfield, Sodertalje
ABOUT THE OPERATIONS IT TEAM
Operations IT is a global IT capability supporting the Global Operations organisation. We business partner with Operations capability areas: Pharmaceutical Technology Development, Manufacturing & Global Engineering, Quality Control, Sustainability, Global Supply Chain, Logistics and Global External Sourcing and Procurement. We operate out of Operations hubs sites including in the UK, Sweden, US, and China; and out of our Global Technology Centres in India and Mexico.
Here our work has a direct impact on patients – transforming our ability to develop life-changing medicines. We empower the business to perform at its peak and lead a new way of working, combining pioneering science with leading digital technology platforms and data. All with a passion to impact lives through data, analytics, AI, machine learning and more.
It’s a dynamic and challenging environment to work in – but that’s why we like it. There are countless opportunities to learn and grow, whether that’s exploring new technologies in hackathons, or transforming the roles and work of colleagues, forever. This is your chance to be part of a team that has the backing to innovate, disrupt an industry and change lives.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO
The IT Senior Business Analyst will be performing a hybrid role as an IT Business Analyst and IT Business Partner in supporting the Global Supply Chain function within Operations with a specific focus on Product Security. The Product Security team sets the strategy, standards, and governance to ensure the security of AstraZeneca products are not compromised at any point in the supply chain.
The Senior Business Analyst has deep practical experience in the role, with repeated practice performing business analysis and design in a variety of complex situations, working strategically at an enterprise level on large scale business change with high levels complexity and risk. The Senior Business Analyst operates with a high level of interactive communication to set clear direction for others, demonstrating high levels of inclusion and cultural sensitivity.
The Senior Business Analyst will also support Business Partnering activities by building strong strategic relationships with senior partners and developing a deep understanding of the short-term and long-term business direction. This role will also shape and define cases (with business stakeholdpartnerse business process design and ensure that proposed solutions meet established AstraZeneca quality and compliance standards, and customer experience needs.
Additionally, the Senior Business Analyst is expected to support the business with UAT preparation and coordination with development teams with necessary tools, knowledge, and data so they can perform their task smoothly.
The Senior IT Business Analyst will share standard methodologies in relevant communities of practice, contributing to internal IT processes and standards for business analysis and design.
This role is expected to:
- Identify business needs and areas for improvement, including seeking out opportunities to improve aligned with business strategic goals
- Support business analysis planning including identification of appropriate approaches for their work and others in meeting deliverables and deadlines.
- Leads the work with the business to identify and prioritize functional and technical requirements, translating the requirements into design specifications reflecting Functional Design, User Interface Design and Business Process Design. Closely partnering with the Architecture team, ensuring the technical solution will deliver the agreed business benefits.
- Work with colleagues globally across IT and the business to identify the capabilities required to ensure outcomes/requirements are clearly understood and can be delivered.
- Work closely with other BAs supporting this capability including helping to
- Perform as main point of contact for business partners.
- Accountable for thought leadership, planning, coordination, and management of business demand including case creation.
- Lead and influence teams to ensure projects are completed on-time, within budget, and with their goals fulfilled.
- Communicate with the relevant partners and transfer relevant knowledge to delivery teams, i.e., translation using levels of interactive communication and influencing skills. Contributes to communication plans and change management for project and partners.
- Supports business for service tracking/issues/problems/incidents, as well as with IT satisfaction and improvements. Captures delivery feedback from customers
Work collaboratively with:
- Other business areas, various IT teams and other partners to build their understanding of specific area strategy, programs and challenges
- Business areas to drive effective prioritization and business alignment of investments
- Architecture leaders in the development of technical strategies and blueprints
- Solution delivery, Data Analytics & AI team, and Operational Excellence to ensure business expectations are fulfilled
YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE
- Experience of implementing solutions with hands on practical experience in detailed requirements gathering, business process mapping, functional design and testing
- Experience of working with complex integrated systems, using creative and critical thinking to deliver exceptional results
- Experience of input to business strategies and influencing the vision of senior leaders
- Extensive experience with ERP SAP (Knowledge of SAP ATTP (Advanced Track and Trace for Pharmaceuticals) is essential)
- Deep understanding of Supply Chain / Operations functions and associated capabilities such as Quality Management, Sales Order Management and Warehouse Processing
- A proven track record of delivering results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presenting
- Excellent influencing, networking and team working skills
- Experience in leading case development
- Able to manage expectations and lead negotiations across complex partner groups
- Expert relationship building skills with the ability to influence others to achieve objectives
- Expertise in planning, change management and problem solving and able to resolve issues of a highly complex and strategic nature
- Ability to work well in and across diverse global teams in a matrix organization
- Familiarity with industry standards / governing bodies influencing Product Security (GS1, EPCIS), as well as variations in country legislative reporting requirements for Serialization and Traceability.
- Experience in bio-pharma industry
- Networks within pharma thought leadership networks and organisations
- Degree in relevant field or formal certification in business analysis practice
- Practical usage of Agile Methodology
- Experience of working in a global organisation with complex/geographical context
- Cross industry business awareness/business domain knowledge
- Educated to degree level standard or equivalent (business technology or related degree)
- High level awareness of developments in the Information Technology marketplace
- User Centred Design (User Experience, User Interface Design and Business Process Design)
WHY JOIN US
We’re a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. There’s a diversity of expertise in our Technology group that’s unique to AstraZeneca – it allows us to dive deep into exploring new groundbreaking technology.
A place to be open and transparent – we speak up, think creatively and share ideas. Our diverse contributions help us to make better decisions. But we have a constant drive to innovate, and an appreciation for high standards. It takes challenging the status quo to contribute in our ever-evolving environment. We love it here because put simply, we make a meaningful impact. Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors!
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
SO, WHAT NEXT?
If you’re interested in applying, we encourage you to apply using your completed Workday profile where possible.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
Competitive salary and benefits on offer.
Close Date: 19/10/2023
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.