Senior Enterprise Architect
Location: Cheshire East
Job Type: Full time
Senior Enterprise Architect
Are you ready to use technology to impact patients and ultimately save lives? Join us at AstraZeneca, a purpose-led global organization that pushes the boundaries of science to discover and develop life-changing medicines.
We are currently seeking a Senior Enterprise Architect (EA) to join our IT team in Macclesfield. As a Senior EA, you will ensure that common architecture decisions support both business and IT strategy within a domain focus. You will contribute to the planning for specific Operations domain areas with a 1–5-year horizon, partnering with Business Relationship Managers aligned to the domain.
Our Macclesfield site is an innovative and collaborative environment where you'll have the opportunity to work on ground breaking technologies, feed your passion for data, analytics, AI, machine learning, and more. You'll be part of a team that has the backing to innovate, disrupt an industry, and change lives.
As a Senior Enterprise Architect, you will contribute to the development of the Operations enterprise architecture practice and support enterprise services, including app rationalization, portfolio review, and architecture framework development.
You will assess and review the work of peer Enterprise and Solution architecture, creating a balance between the immediate and the strategic. Additionally, you will be accountable for the development of architecture standards, roadmaps (1-5 years), and blueprints for defined focus areas.
Essential for the role:
- Degree in business technology or related field
- Demonstrated architecture depth & experience in at least one technical or architectural domain
- Experience influencing solution direction and standard adoption through architecture capability building blocks, strategies, and roadmaps
- Proven experience influencing change and challenging approaches/ideas
- Experience in architecture options analysis and problem-solving issues of a highly complex and strategic nature
- Experience developing and managing relationships with business partners & third-party suppliers
- Experience working within and developing policies, procedures, and guidelines within a secure, quality, and compliance environment
Desirable for the role:
- Strong networking and influencing skills with good internal/external links
- Good relationship building skills with the ability to influence others to achieve objectives and positive outcomes
- Good communication, facilitation, and relationship-building skills
At AstraZeneca, we dare to lead by applying our problem-solving attitude to find opportunities across the whole enterprise. Our spirit of experimentation is lived every day through events like hackathons. We enable AstraZeneca to perform at its peak by delivering world-class technology and data solutions.
We offer competitive benefits and are committed to providing equal opportunities/accommodations for all applicants. Are you ready to make a meaningful impact?
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.