Global Clinical Supply Chain Planner
Location: Cheshire East
Job Type: Full time
Global Clinical Supply Chain Planner - Astra Zeneca
Location: Macclesfield – UK, Gothenburg - Sweden or Warsaw - Poland
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Be empowered to be innovative and creative where difference is valued
Join a place built on innovation and creativity. Where different views and perspectives are welcomed and valued. An environment that champions inclusion, and teams that reflect the diversity of the communities that we serve.
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines and strive to continuously meet the unmet needs of patients worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
Pharmaceutical Technology and Development (PT&D) apply science and technology that turns concepts into actual medicines which help millions of people. We work across the entire value chain, designing and delivering active ingredients, formulations and devices required to support new medicines – from supplies for use in clinical trials to developing the technology to ensure drugs can be scaled up for commercial manufacture.
Clinical Manufacture & Supply (CM&S) within PT&D provides an agile and flexible end-to-end Clinical Supply Chain that manufactures, outsources and delivers supplies and services to hundreds of thousands of patients across the globe.
CM&S are now looking for a Clinical Supply Planner to join our global Supply Planning team. This role continues to evolve to meet the needs of the CM&S strategy and you will have a fantastic opportunity to help continue to shape & develop the role to drive maximum value for the organisation.
As a Clinical Supply Planner you will be involved in Drug Substance, Drug Product, Devices and Comparators. You will translate the programme level demand into a supply plan and implement the plan. This will be accomplished by developing and performing optimised plans in line with the Clinical Supply Chain Strategy. You will work closely with Clinical Supply Chain Programme Leads (CSPL) and Clinical Study Leads to match demand & supply and ultimately deliver lifechanging medicines to patients.
- Translating demand in to supply plans, which meet the inventory strategy set out by the Program Lead (CSPL)
- Providing forecasts to our supply chain partners for each of the bill of material levels in the supply chain
- Driving the supply plan to ensure kits are available to meet patient demand
- Placing orders with a range of supply chain partners
- Tracking progress & advancing issues
- Ensuring timely release of materials through co-ordination of supply chain team
- Owning inventory; Creating and allocating material to match individual study demand & maintaining accurate stock keeping records
Required Skills & Knowledge
- Degree in supply chain related or drug development discipline or equivalent qualification or experience
- In depth knowledge of R&D supply chain and drug development processes
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical production, supply chain principles, good manufacturing practice, Food and Drug Administration requirements (or equivalent) and Customs rules and regulations
- Proficient IT skills and an aptitude for systems
- Excellent analytical skills and an interest in using data to drive decisions
- Super user for our key supply planning tools
- Demonstrated technical skills and mindset in supply chain management including supply planning & inventory management
- Experience of supply chain management tools
- Good understanding of the principles of risk
- Good influencing, negotiating and problem-solving skills, including across functional, geographical and cultural boundaries
- Demonstrated experience of training and coaching colleagues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
With our ground-breaking pipeline, the outlook is bright. Be proud to be part of a place that has achieved so much, yet is still moving forward. There’s no better time to join our global, growing enterprise as we lead the way for healthcare and society.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
In-person statement for 3 days in the office:
Expectation of working in the office 3 days a week statement: When we put unexpected teams in the same room, we unleash bold thinking with the power to inspire life-changing medicines. In-person working give us the platform we need to connect, work at pace and challenge perceptions. That’s why we work, on average, a minimum of three days per week from the office. But that doesn’t mean we’re not flexible. We balance the expectation of being in the office while respecting individual flexibility. Join us in our unique and ambitious world.
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Close Date: 24th Nov 2024
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We align with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.