Location: Cheshire East
Job Type: Full time
Construction Engineer - AstraZeneca - Macclesfield
Joint Accountabilities within UK Construction Networks
- Collaborate with other Construction Engineers to ensure Construction resource is appropriately assigned to project activities within the CPS portfolio of projects
- Work with the Macclesfield Construction lead and SHE lead to drive continuous improvements in construction delivery using UK wide examples of standard process
- Collaborate with Project Managers to ensure appropriate construction resource is engaged to support project activities across the site.
Specific role accountabilities
- Implement the UK Construction Management Strategy to deliver the construction phase of projects under your control, ensuring effective management of SHE, cost, and quality.
- Discharge CDM 2015 Principal Contractor duties on behalf of AstraZeneca CPS projects.
- Workface task management of the aligned Construction Superintendents on aligned projects.
- Ensuring compliance with national statutary requirements and AZ standards and procedures for construction.
- Ensure SHE is proactively managed on your projects to reduce the likelihood of accidents and incidents on site and assist with the reporting and investigation of accidents and incidents and implement actions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Assist the Construction Lead in the development and implementation the Site Construction Improvement Plan.
- Assist and advise the aligned Project Managers and Project Engineers during the design phase CDM risk assessment meeting and residual risk register creation for aligned projects, ensure that RRR outputs are communicated by the PM to relevant stake holders.
- For your aligned projects, host the construction phase CDM risk assessment meetings, produce construction phase plans and residual risk registers.
- Responsible for the monitoring and controlling of all construction activities on site on your aligned projects.
- Assist in asigning construction resource to projects that assure safe delivery of the construction activities, compliance with current CDM regulations, and exploit constructability and buildability opportunities during design & construction through cooperation with the aligned Project Manager and Project Engineer.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Degree or equivalent experience or equivalent in construction related subject area.
- Knowledge of CDM 2015 requirements and experience of implementing processes to ensure compliance.
- Understanding and use of UK SHE standards, GxP and other regulatory guidance
- Knowledge of methods, techniques and procedures within different engineering functions (mechanical, electrical, building services, civil & building and construction)
- Understanding and use of Contract/Commercial agreements.
- Proven track record in the management of pharma and related construction environments.
- Good interpersonal skills and communicator
- Good attention to detail
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Professionally accredited engineer with a recognised Engineering body e.g. CIOB, IMechE, etc.
- Awareness of AZ Project management framework and AZ engineering project processes
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Close Date: 27th November 2023
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We align with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
In-person statement for 5 days in the office:
Expectation of working in the office 5 days a week statement: When we put unexpected teams in the same room, we unleash bold thinking with the power to inspire life-changing medicines. In-person working give us the platform we need to connect, work at pace and challenge perceptions. That’s why we work, on average, a minimum of five days per week from the office. But that doesn’t mean we’re not flexible. We balance the expectation of being in the office while respecting individual flexibility. Join us in our unique and ambitious world.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.