Technical Solutions Specialist, German Speaking
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We believe that when passionate people are able to spend less time struggling with technology, they can spend more time on what matters - like teaching children, running businesses, keeping airports safe, and connecting disaster victims with relief. That’s the real power of simplicity. Cisco Meraki is the leader in cloud-managed IT, thanks to our creative, inclusive, fearless team that is driven to simplify technology so the world can simply work!
Becoming known as the most successful acquisition in Cisco's history, Meraki’s cloud-based dashboard is being adopted in Cisco’s largest customers across the globe. Our team is passionate about innovation and delighting customers, which has enabled us to grow more than 100% year over year and become the fastest growing group at Meraki. We’re looking for a high-energy, positive and top-producing sales rep to join us!
As a Systems Engineer you will team up with a Cisco Meraki Sales team to assist with technical sales activities for new and existing opportunities. You will utilise your in-depth knowledge of Cisco's Cloud Networking solutions to demonstrate competitive advantages over industry players to both prospective customers and partners. This position provides career development through the direct daily interaction with customers and partners, opportunities to travel in territory for customer and partner visits, and the internal cross function collaboration with the Product Management, Product Development/Engineering, Technical Marketing and Sales teams.
- Act as a technical resource to the Meraki Sales team for all technical pre-sales activities and product related inquiries.
- You will conduct online product demonstrations, answer technical questions, contribute to proposals, analyse clients’ needs, and develop technical solutions in a pre-sales environment.
- Become the technical subject matter expert on Cisco’s Cloud Networking products, features, functions, and benefits, while being able to share that knowledge with audiences at levels of clients (from IT Manager to CTO).
- Maintain strong interpersonal presentation and troubleshooting skills while evoking passion and confidence with your audience.
- Work with the Cisco Meraki Sales team on strategic sales initiatives (customer outreach, Channel training, etc.) to grow business in targeted regions.
- Understand customer and partner requirements to then successfully present and deploy full stack Meraki networking solutions.
- Build design/deployment guides for both external and internal audiences.
- Systems Engineers at Cisco Meraki are a critical component of the sales team and as such, are compensated on the results of the team they support.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven track record in a sales engineering capacity or in an enterprise network engineering/administration role.
- Expert knowledge in end-to-end network troubleshooting, including packet level analysis via wireshark/pcap, packet construction, etc.
- Familiarity with WAN design (MPLS, BGP, IP VPN’s).
- Familiarity with campus LAN design including building redundant networks, routing protocol design, and high availability strategies (multicast, VLAN’s, RSTP, OSPF, VRRP, DHCP, TCP, UDP, ARP, DSCP, AAA/RADIUS).
- Bonus experience/interest: captive portal design, JSON, REST, XML, SAML, SQL.
- Understanding of technical sales activities, challenges, and enablement strategies preferred.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- CCNA, CWNA, CCNP, CCDP, CCIE are a plus.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related subject area.
- Fluency in German.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.