Network Support Manager
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
At Meraki, we are making IT easier, faster, and smarter by building technology that simply works! Our team is passionate about innovation and delighting customers which has enabled us to grow more than 100% year over year. Headquartered in San Francisco, our diverse and inclusive team has a growing international footprint with 7 offices across the world.
As a member of the Meraki Network Support Leadership team, you will enable your team in providing extraordinary technical support for our growing client and partner base. You will enable both individuals and the team to meet case closure goals, serve as the technical point of contact for team members with both networking and procedural questions, and aid in minimizing the impact of complex and severe problems. Weekly duties include meeting one on one with team members to coach toward individual achievement and career advancement, coordinating day-to-day team operations, interviewing potential new members of our teams, and crafting and implementing projects and procedures related to the rapid growth and maturing of Cisco Meraki’s Network Support Team. Finally, Network Support Managers will be expected to work with the Support Leadership Team to identify and develop their own professional skills.
- Facilitate your team’s ability to work on customer cases from initial creation to resolution.
- Advise our teams toward successfully closing the most complicated and high profile cases.
- Guide your team in coordinating troubleshooting efforts in wireless, security, switching, and other various network-related issues reported to us by Cisco Meraki customers and partners.
- Effectively communicate with third parties such as partners and customers both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate your ability to build positive relationships by working with other Meraki Teams to diagnose and resolve cases, overcome procedural shortcomings, and address mutual concerns.
- Build and maintain reporting tools that demonstrate team strengths and weaknesses.
- Identify patterns and obstacles that affect productivity, raise awareness of such issues, and implement solutions to the problems.
- Coordinate the schedules of your workforce for optimal staffing.
- Conduct weekly one on one meetings, periodically conduct performance reviews and advise in compensation changes.
- Encourage candid feedback and collect ideas from your team with regards to organization improvement.
- Passion for learning and teaching network technology and standard methodologies.
- Ability to focus on multiple high profile customer concerns at one time.
- Mature and calm demeanor.
- Passion toward mentoring individual team members toward both short and long-term career goals.
- Deep understanding in account management, follow-through, and attention to detail.
- 2+ years of experience in managing 8-10 engineers in a related field
- Networking certifications a plus: CCNA, CCNP, CWNA, etc.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.