Salesforce Developer - UK
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology we can free hardworking people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality!
Cisco Meraki’s Support group is a growing, global, and diverse team of highly knowledgeable and empathetic customer advisors. We strive to guide our customers to successful outcomes with a mix of critical thinking and the grit to implement the next best action.
About the role:
- Cisco Meraki is looking for a Salesforce-certified software engineer to develop the next generation of features, services and integrations to improve the lives of our outstanding Support team
- You will be joining our growing team of Support-focused developers and you’ll directly feel the positive impact that your projects have on our grateful (and technical) users
- We focus on features, services, and integrations around Salesforce Service Console’s case and phone ecosystems
- A typical work week might consist of:
- Deploying a deeply-desired feature request to an existing service
- Squashing a pesky bug on a newly released feature
- Spiking ideas towards a proof-of-concept as part of Agile project work
80% Software project work
- Build features and services in a next-generation Lightning development ecosystem
- Use opportunities to turn legacy development into more performant and sustainable code
- Test early and often, and use reporting and metrics to gauge the success of deployed features
- Judiciously weigh the considerations of deploying using clicks (declarative) versus code (programmatic)
- Integrate third-party applications and data into our existing Salesforce apps and platform
- Deploy our changes safely alongside our fellow teammates and teams in Support, Product Management, Operations, Sales, Business Systems, and Engineering
- Communicate to others in a proactive, clear, concise, and respectful manner
- Brainstorm alongside our program management teams, Salesforce admins, and fellow developers to find creative solutions that are carefully considered
- Contribute valuable artifacts like architecture and design documentation for “Day 2” support
- Participate in interviews to help us build and shape our Software team
- Plan, update, and review your work as we join forces in our team’s sprint ceremonies
- Be the open and helpful engineer that you would like to see in others
20% Professional development
- Stay well-versed in the latest theory and standard methodologies in the Salesforce ecosystem
- Find the intersection between your personal development interests and our business needs to identify side projects
- 3-5 years development experience in the Salesforce development stack
- Salesforce Apex and/or Java or any object oriented programming experience, SQL and/or Salesforce SOQL
- Salesforce Lightning Web Components, Salesforce Communities
- Experience with various Salesforce deployment pipelines like ANT, Copado, Salesforce DX
- Proven examples of development work spanning teams (Product, UX, Support, Engineering, etc.) to deliver features and/or products
- Prior experience with Support or Service organizations is also a plus
- Experience with current software development lifecycles and practices
- Agile-aligned methodologies (Scaled Agile, Kanban, etc.), continuous integration (CI), continuous deployment (CD), Git-based Version Control Systems (VCS)
- Relevant Salesforce certifications and/or Trailhead badges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related technical field
Why Cisco Meraki:
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking ambitious risks to craft the technologies that give us connected cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unusual personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are encouraging leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars! We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco Meraki.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, encourage innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.