Mulesoft Integration Engineer
Location: Remote - UK/EU only
Job Type: Full time
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us. By simplifying powerful technology we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
Cisco Meraki’s Support group is a growing, global, and diverse team of highly knowledgeable and empathetic customer advisors. We strive to guide our customers to successful outcomes with a mix of critical thinking and the grit to implement the next best action.
About the role:
Cisco Meraki is looking for a Mulesoft integration engineer to unite our internal, external and third-party systems to provide an engaging, low-effort customer experience.
A typical work week might consist of helping architect and build new integrations between our customer-facing website and Salesforce, spiking ideas towards a proof-of-concept as part of Agile project work, collaborating with Salesforce developers, Product Managers, and Technical PMs on effectively applying Mulesoft
80% Software project work
- Example projects:
- Combine our cross-platform cases, calls & chats data together to provide critical insights into our contact center management
- Integrate our customer case submission portal with our Salesforce case management system
- Merge our knowledge base resources into our chat solution to increase customers self-help capability to attain higher case deflection rate
- Work comfortably with different programming languages and building APIs
- Solve integration issues by applying your strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Building rapidly growing systems that balance time to market, usability, reliability, and technical debt
- Advise standard processes and solutions to build scalable and robust integrations on Mulesoft Anypoint Platform
- Build valuable artifacts like architecture and design documentation for “Day 2” support and team-level presentations to demonstrate your work
- Participate in interviews to help us build and shape our Software team
- Be the open and helpful engineer that you would like to see in others
20% Professional development
- Stay proficient in the latest theory and standard methodologies in the integration ecosystem
- Find the intersection between your personal development interests and our business needs to identify side projects
- 4+ years of experience writing professional production code
- MuleSoft Anypoint Studio and Anypoint Platform (Design Center, Runtime Manager, API Manager, Exchange)
- Experience creating RAML Specifications, Dataweave scripting
- Deploy APIs to Cloudhub, Runtime Fabric, On-prem workers, etc.
- Implement Basic Policies in API Manager
- Experience in Java, Salesforce, Ruby or Python is a huge plus
- Knowledge of Integration Design patterns for Message processing, error handling and reconciliation for guaranteed delivery
- Prior experience with architecting business solutions using knowledge of databases, and scripting languages
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.