Lead Machine Learning Operations Engineer (Remote)
Location: Greater London, San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Meraki is paving the way to make Internet and Internet-powered devices easier than ever before. We enable organizations everywhere, from local libraries to hospitals to corporations operating worldwide, to focus on their mission and have networks that simply work. In addition to that, we have a groundbreaking family of smart cameras using Meraki’s cloud infrastructure to deliver easy-to-implement machine learning and computer vision to our customers.
We are looking for a machine learning engineer with experience and track record of running ML operations at scale. Meraki uses computer vision and machine learning on cameras to augment and ease the burden of monitoring roles as well as building functionality for retail to track, monitor and analyze their customer trends, anonymously. This role will tackle the responsibility to lead and guide our team in shaping our deep learning strategy.
While you will be part of the Meraki Camera Intelligence team, you will also be the member of a larger team of engineers spanning locations from San Francisco to Bangalore. Meraki believes the quality of our products is dependent on the quality of our teams. We place a high value on encouraging the growth and development of our employees. We value collaboration. We give and get feedback early and often, share what we know, and learn from each other.
- Lead our operations related to machine learning.
- Drive and collaborate on projects related to tooling and testing of models.
- Tracking and deploying production grade deep learning artifacts to edge devices at scale.
- Strategize around and participate in evaluation of new technologies in the area of deep learning.
Ideal candidate skills:
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability running machine learning operations in a product environment at scale.
- Experience of machine learning on limited resource embedded platforms.
- Experience with deep learning tools, practices and frameworks including Python, PyTorch et al, and industry standard metrics.
- Strong foundations in a rational, evidence-based methodology w.r.t model development
- Deep understanding of the difference between application-level accuracy and reported model accuracy
- A deep understanding of creating and delivering software technology, preferably with a background in software engineering.
- Good people skills and experience of technical leadership.
- Long and demonstrable experience with software management tools and techniques such as Jira, agile methodologies and git.
- Built and deployed large scale solutions that cater functionality to large numbers of users.
- A genuine interest and curiosity about trends and methodologies. Keeping up to speed with technology, with a clear understanding of the balance between innovative and stable.
- Established relationships with product teams (including UX design and product management) and worked cross functionally to define and prioritize problems.
- A good knowledge and experience in test driven development.
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you! Please drop us a line even if you don’t have all the points above- we believe that excellent engineers come from a diverse set of backgrounds.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can envision new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.