Support Product Specialist Manager (UK, Spain, Poland or Portugal)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
At Meraki, we are making IT easier and faster by building technology that simply works! Our team is passionate about innovation and delighting customers which has enabled us to grow more than 100% year over year. Headquartered in San Francisco, our diverse and inclusive team has a growing international footprint with 7 offices across the world.
What we're looking for
As a manager for the Support Product Specialists team at Meraki, you will supervise Meraki’s most experienced network engineering team!
As a team of Tier 3 product experts, SPS assists our network support engineers, product managers, and software developers by owning all bug reports, defects, and poor customer experiences within Support. The SPS Manager will take ownership of Meraki’s product portfolio, working with your team to prioritize defects and product enhancements, analyzing our Support data for trends and anomalies, identifying product and customer experience improvements, and building a culture of product quality and Support-driven product development.
- Lead the SPS team: facilitate SPS meetings, prioritize incoming project work, provide feedback for SPS members, and identify new areas for investment as part of our OKR planning and review cycles
- Develop and grow the SPS team: hold weekly 1:1s with SPS members, review and monitor KPIs for the team, survey and elevate the SPS team’s critical feedback, create training opportunities for team members
- Present high-quality, data-driven insights (from our Support, SPS, and Escalations case data) to our Support, Engineering, and PM leadership teams to advance our culture of supportability
- Identify improvement opportunities and areas to: reduce our Support case volume, reduce our bug volume, reduce customer effort, and improve the lives of the support team
- Promote a team culture of thoughtful critique and radically candid feedback
- Actively seek, identify, and assist with onboarding talent into SPS
Do you love to pursue networking certifications? Are you eager to attend industry meetups that relate to networking, programming, or CX? On the team, we strongly value your continued professional development. We encourage you to spend 20% of your time:
- Obtaining certifications and learning programming languages
- Performing in-depth exploration of Meraki products
- Attending industry meetups, webinars, and conferences
- Exploring new tools and advancements in the field of computer networking
- You have 5+ years of experience managing a team of senior network engineers or software engineers
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and a refined skill in tailoring messages to specific audiences in their preferred channels
- Excellent relationship building skills: you influence, persuade, and build trust across your organization
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills: you see the bigger picture, seek root causes, synthesize details, and break down obstacles into manageable work
- You have obtained or are seeking “professional” level networking certification such as CCNP, CCIE, CWAP, CWNE, etc.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.