Senior Escalations Manager (UK, Poland, Spain or Portugal)
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We are seeking a Senior Customer Escalations Leader who is driven to grow and evolve our EMEA Escalations team into the next generation of high-touch technical support for Cisco Meraki’s most valuable customers. As a Senior Manager of these teams, you will supervise critical issues, support the team’s day-to-day activities strategically, invest in the technical and professional growth of your team, and provide region-specific mentorship and oversight to ensure that our processes are agile and efficient.
An average working week will include facilitating staff meetings, holding individualised 1:1s with leaders, checking in on critical cases and bug reports, delegating and prioritising project work, and supervising the professional development of the team. The role empowers you to work across departments and mobilize resources when vital.
Although this position is remote, expect occasional travel of up to 10% to meet your team and internal/external customers.
What You'll Do
- Lead highly proficient, independent and top-tiered people and technical leaders responsible for resolving the most critical incidents
- Coach your team with radically honest feedback on day-to-day work and assigned projects as well as assign, preview, and conduct post mortems on critical issues
- Preside over difficult situations with a controlled, scientific approach to problem-solving while leading regular one-on-one check-in meetings with each team member
- Set the bar on maintaining a high operational rigor on the key business metrics around escalations workflow like workloads, capacity, trends and headcount planning
- Strategically plan, implement, and measure improvements to the existing support processes
- Advocate well-qualified concerns from the Support teams with the larger organization
- Actively seek, identify, hire and onboard talent into the team from the wider Support organization and external sources
At Meraki, we encourage and value professional development. Due to this we allow and plan for you to use up to 20% of your time to develop yourself. Examples of professional development in this role are:
- Acquiring professional certifications
- Performing in-depth exploration of Meraki products
- Attend industry meetups, webinars, and conferences
- Explore new tools and investigate advancements in the field of computer networking
Who You Are
- Experienced leader with a minimum of 5+ years of experience as manager of managers
- Strong exposure in post-sales support or customer success organizations in a networking or infrastructure domain/industry
- Strong business judgment and problem-solving skills with experience in managing, triaging and resolving critical network issues with senior customer stakeholders
- Proficient in coaching and developing leaders as well as senior support engineers and growing them in their careers
- A proven track record in leading and facilitating work with cross-functional teams like Product, Engineering and Sales, across multiple time-zones
- Deliver and drive strategic initiatives/projects in alignment with the organizational objectives
- Attract, hire and retain the best in class diverse talent
We are Cisco Meraki
We believe that when passionate people are able to spend less time struggling with technology, they can spend more time on what matters—like teaching kids, running businesses, keeping airports safe, and connecting disaster victims with relief. That’s the real power of simplicity. Cisco Meraki is the leader in cloud-managed IT, thanks to our creative, inclusive, fearless team that is driven to simplify technology so the world can simply work.
Disclaimer: We are open to sponsorship for candidates that match the job criteria in the above job description.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, encourage innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.