Area Build Manager
Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full time
Building a new, full fibre network has never been more exciting, so don’t miss an opportunity to work for the 2nd largest Fibre network in the UK. Our Network Build teams are revitalising an industry – they’re the ones connecting the dots and assuring the build. They work with cutting-edge technologies and the brightest minds in their field to build a legacy for future generations. They can say the digital map of the UK, is something they’ve created. This is your chance to say you were a part of its creation too.
We think smart, act fast, always back each other and give everything our best. We’re building a legacy, that’s the CityFibre Way. There’s never been a more exciting time to be part of the Network Build team at CityFibre.
A rewarding career
If you’re going to be changing it up, you deserve to be looked after. That’s why we’re offering a competitive salary and a car allowance. On top of that, you’ll be able to enjoy plenty of benefits like 25 days’ holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, a performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare to name just a few.
How can you change it up?
This role is accountable for the successful delivery of the Full Fibre network and forecast RFS within an area. With accountability across both the mobilisation and the subsequent build. Day to day, this is what you can expect to be doing:
- Leading multiple Build Teams, hiring highly capable and effective people, as well as ensuring a strong, effective and measurable coaching and development culture is in place to continue building teams
- Ensuring build partners are in place, with the correct resourcing and training, aligned to the long-range business plan for each city
- Manage all activities related to design packs; reviewing programmes; reviewing KPIs; certifying payments; assessing compensation events for time /cost.
- Management of Senior Stakeholder Relationships for each of the Local Authorities
- Liaising with Contract Management to ensure accurate timely forecasting and cost management, managing change and risks mitigation to minimise cost uplift
What will you bring to the role?
Do you have experience in managing large complex delivery programmes with suppliers and partners? This might be the perfect opportunity for you. We are looking for somebody who has strong experience in building and managing relationships across the board and knowledge of NEC3. You will bring some of the below to CityFibre with you:
- Demonstrable experience of leadership in a role where KPI’s such as Time, Cost and Quality are key to success
- Demonstrable experience of method statements and risk assessments.
- Previous success of implementing new processes and driving team engagement to improve on efficiency and quality
- Drive to succeed, with an eye for detail and passion to mentor and develop your team through knowledge sharing
If you’ve just found yourself nodding and thinking, ‘I can do that!’, things are about to get exciting.
So that’s the role, now let us tell you a bit more about life at CityFibre. We’ve built a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace that offers anyone the chance to grow a new career. We’re a Times Top 50 Employer for Women, have partnerships with Work180, Vercida and Disability Confidence, just to name a few – it inspires us day-to-day. The foundations of our teams are rooted in respect, development and continuous support. Our people are already changing it up, are you ready to join them?
CityFibre is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to individuals from all backgrounds, including ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, family status and disability. We recognise that everyone is an individual with a wide range of experiences and perspectives and believe this diversity of thought is what makes CityFibre special.