Regional Scheduling Engineer
Location: West Midlands
Job Type: Full time
Please note that there will be travel required across the Midlands.
Our goal at CityFibre is to unlock the digital potential of Britain by creating a broadband network that works seamlessly for everyone, every day. Powerful, gigabit-speed connections that enable people across entire communities to enjoy life in full flow. To do this, we make sure that our people’s voices are heard, their ideas are welcomed, and everyone is given the opportunity to make a real impact.
We encourage change, have a challenger mindset, foster innovation and nurture a welcoming, inclusive and supportive community. In this environment we allow you to bring your best-self to work every day, helping you to achieve your goals, grow your career and reach your full potential.
We’re a Times Top 50 Employer for Women; are endorsed by WORK180; have pledged our commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant; and are a Disability Confident Employer. Working together with our Employee Networks, we’re committed to changing the industry for everyone.
What you can expect from us
Everyone at CityFibre has an important part to play, and we reflect that in our benefits. With a competitive salary depending on experience, when you join us, you’ll also enjoy 25 days’ holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, a performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.
We believe we deliver our best when we work together. It’s the way we do things, trusting and giving our people the autonomy to manage their own day-to-day, promoting wellbeing, whilst still prioritising time together with our colleagues to connect, collaborate and share our ideas
How you’ll change it up
You’ll be joining our regional planning and scheduling team to focus on reviewing contractor submissions, supporting contractors in their schedule development and working to maintain CityFibre control schedules for a portfolio of work within your region, with a value of up to £1bn. Day to day, this is some of what you can expect to be doing:
- Supporting the planning and scheduling activities for the project teams to develop and maintain an effective schedule, helping CityFibre meet its objectives
- Coordinating, validating and integrating detailed schedules from build and design partners
- Identifying schedule considerations and problems
- Generating schedule reports with varying level of detail, for a variety of audiences
- Preparing baselines, including setting local baseline plans
- Identifying and facilitating the identification of risks and opportunities
- Maintaining, analysis and reporting on complex data sets
What you’ll bring to the role
You’ll have a background in project controls, with a particular skillset in planning and scheduling for large, complex projects. You’ll also bring the following with you to the role:
- An understanding of construction contracts, particularly those relating to schedule submission, acceptance and other obligations
- Demonstrated experience working within the construction environment
- Ability to create, manage and de-conflict integrated delivery programmes
- Advanced capability level with Microsoft Project or similar
- Ability to respond to urgent project requests and changing priorities
We’re looking for people who don’t settle for ‘good enough’ and push things forward. If you’ve just found yourself thinking, ‘I’d love to do this’, we want to hear from you. Let’s change it up.
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Our people have a wide range of experiences and perspectives – and it’s this diversity of thought that makes us who we are.
CityFibre is working hard to change up the telecoms industry. This means we’re committed to providing equal opportunities to people from all backgrounds and commitments, including your carer and family status, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, gender and gender identity. We’re also offering training programmes and placement opportunities to support the skilled, career changers, service-leavers, and returning workers to become part of our teams.
If there’s any additional support or adjustment you require in the application process to help you achieve your best, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re here to support you in changing up your career.