Master Deployment Schedule Manager
Location: Milton Keynes
Job Type: Full time
Our goal at CityFibre is to unlock the digital potential of Britain by creating a broadband network that works seamlessly for everyone, every day. Powerful, gigabit-speed connections that enable people across entire communities to enjoy life in full flow. To do this, we make sure that our people’s voices are heard, their ideas are welcomed, and everyone is given the opportunity to make a real impact.
We encourage change, have a challenger mindset, foster innovation and nurture a welcoming, inclusive and supportive community. In this environment we allow you to bring your best-self to work every day, helping you to achieve your goals, grow your career and reach your full potential.
We’re a Times Top 50 Employer for Women; are endorsed by WORK180; have pledged our commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant; and are a Disability Confident Employer. Working together with our Employee Networks, we’re committed to changing the industry for everyone.
What you can expect from us
Everyone at CityFibre has an important part to play, and we reflect that in our benefits. With a competitive salary depending on experience + a car allowance, when you join us, you’ll also enjoy 25 days’ holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, a performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.
We believe we deliver our best when we work together. It’s the way we do things, trusting and giving our people the autonomy to manage their own day-to-day, promoting wellbeing, whilst still prioritising time together with our colleagues to connect, collaborate and share our ideas.
How you’ll change it up
As the Master Deployment Schedule Manager, you’ll play a vital role in helping CityFibre to reach our objectives through the creation and maintenance of the operational deployment schedule. Day to day, this is some of what you can expect to be doing:
- Working alongside Strategy and Design to develop and update the strategic deployment schedule
- Taking responsibility for programme schedule analysis – recommending alternative schedule improvements to the team
- Coordinating, validating and integrating detailed schedules for BDUK delivery
- Collaborating with the project controls team to develop and consistently use their processes, procedures and best practises
- Generating schedule reports at varying levels of detail for a variety of audiences, identifying gaps against the baseline and providing root-cause analysis
- Communicating proactively with stakeholders and project leadership on all issues and variances which may influence the objective outcome
What you’ll bring to the role
You’ll have strong experience in project controls, with a specific skillset in planning and scheduling for large and complex projects. You’ll also bring the following with you:
- Demonstrated flexibility to respond to urgent project requests and changing priorities
- Experience in Microsoft Project MSP
- Ability to create, manage and de-conflict integrated delivery programmes
- Experience in directing planning and scheduling functions, including schedule development, control and analysis
- Excellent communication skills
- Valid UK driving license and access to own vehicle
We’re looking for people who don’t settle for ‘good enough’ and push things forward. If you’ve just found yourself thinking, ‘I’d love to do this’, we want to hear from you. Let’s change it up.
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Our people have a wide range of experiences and perspectives – and it’s this diversity of thought that makes us who we are.
CityFibre is working hard to change up the telecoms industry. This means we’re committed to providing equal opportunities to people from all backgrounds and commitments, including your carer and family status, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, gender and gender identity. We’re also offering training programmes and placement opportunities to support the skilled, career changers, service-leavers, and returning workers to become part of our teams.
If there’s any additional support or adjustment you require in the application process to help you achieve your best, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com. We’re here to support you in changing up your career.