NOC 24/7 Senior Operations Engineer
Job Type: Full time
This is a 24/7 opportunity with a rotating shift pattern (7-7, 4 On 4 Off) and it will include a shift allowance.
Our goal at CityFibre is to unlock the digital potential of Britain by creating a broadband network that works seamlessly for everyone, every day. Powerful, gigabit-speed connections that enable people across entire communities to enjoy life in full flow. To do this, we make sure that our people’s voices are heard, their ideas are welcomed, and everyone is given the opportunity to make a real impact.
We encourage change, have a challenger mindset, foster innovation and nurture a welcoming, inclusive and supportive community. In this environment we allow you to bring your best-self to work every day, helping you to achieve your goals, grow your career and reach your full potential.
We’re a Times Top 50 Employer for Women; are endorsed by WORK180; have pledged our commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant; and are a Disability Confident Employer. Working together with our Employee Networks, we’re committed to changing the industry for everyone.
What you can expect from us
Everyone at CityFibre has an important part to play, and we reflect that in our benefits. With a competitive salary depending on experience + a shift allowance, when you join us, you’ll also enjoy 25 days’ holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, a performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.
We believe we deliver our best when we work together. It’s the way we do things, trusting and giving our people the autonomy to manage their own day-to-day, promoting wellbeing, whilst still prioritising time together with our colleagues to connect, collaborate and share our ideas.
How you’ll change it up
As one of our Senior NOC Operation Engineers, you’ll play a vital role in ensuring that we are constantly maximising the network performance for our customers through efficient monitoring, troubleshooting, scheduling of upgrades and network optimisation. Day to day, this is some of what you can expect to be doing:
- Acting as an escalation point for any OOO escalations which may occur across the blended NOC and Technical Service Centre teams
- Owning and managing any escalations in coordination with other business teams
- Maintaining the networking environment by carrying out system configuration and installation while defining, documenting and enforcing system standards
- Participating in the design and implementation of new solutions for CityFibre, resellers and customers - improving the resilience of the current environment
- Ensuring that all events for installation, maintenance or faults are logged into the ticketing system with all the required information
- Providing support for customers, including incident, problem management and service request fulfilment
What you’ll bring to the role
You’ll have working knowledge of Cisco IOS, IP, BGP and associated routing protocols, as well as some experience working in an ISP or in network engineering. You’ll also bring the following with you:
- Exposure to working 24/7 shift patterns
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to translate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience delivering high-quality customer experiences
We’re looking for people who don’t settle for ‘good enough’ and push things forward. If you’ve just found yourself thinking, ‘I’d love to do this’, we want to hear from you. Let’s change it up.
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Our people have a wide range of experiences and perspectives – and it’s this diversity of thought that makes us who we are.
CityFibre is working hard to change up the telecoms industry. This means we’re committed to providing equal opportunities to people from all backgrounds and commitments, including your carer and family status, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, gender and gender identity. We’re also offering training programmes and placement opportunities to support the skilled, career changers, service-leavers, and returning workers to become part of our teams.
If there’s any additional support or adjustment you require in the application process to help you achieve your best, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com. We’re here to support you in changing up your career.