Project Controls Manager
Job Type: Full time
Our goal at CityFibre is to unlock the digital potential of Britain by creating a broadband network that works seamlessly for everyone, every day. Powerful, gigabit-speed connections that enable people across entire communities to enjoy life in full flow. To do this, we make sure that our people’s voices are heard, their ideas are welcomed, and everyone is given the opportunity to make a real impact.
We encourage change, have a challenger mindset, foster innovation and nurture a welcoming, inclusive and supportive community. In this environment we allow you to bring your best-self to work every day, helping you to achieve your goals, grow your career and reach your full potential.
We’re a Times Top 50 Employer for Women; are endorsed by WORK180; have pledged our commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant; and are a Disability Confident Employer. Working together with our Employee Networks, we’re committed to changing the industry for everyone.
What you can expect from us
Everyone at CityFibre has an important part to play, and we reflect that in our benefits. With a competitive salary depending on your experience + a car allowance, when you join us, you’ll also enjoy 25 days’ holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, a performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.
We believe we deliver our best when we work together. It’s the way we do things, trusting and giving our people the autonomy to manage their own day-to-day, promoting wellbeing, whilst still prioritising time together with our colleagues to connect, collaborate and share our ideas.
How you’ll change it up
Joining us as a Project Controls Manager, you’ll have the primary reporting function for projects in your area, regularly reporting to senior management on progress, risks and mitigation actions, as well as tracking the delivery against key performance metrics such as the number of ready for service homes and contractor productivity. Day to day, this is what you can expect to be doing:
- Enabling the teams to deliver on time and to budget through robust, high quality project management processes
- Establishing and managing a weekly report of project highlights for the management team
- Collaborating with the regional team to ensure a smooth and effective end-to-end roll out, maintaining and communicating key milestones plans on progress
- Setting project priorities to successfully achieve milestones, whilst ensuring KPIs such as time, cost and quality are also being achieved
- Sharing key lessons learned to enable continuous improvement across projects
- Ensuring action plans are in place and are being delivered to resolve issues and mitigate risks
What you’ll bring to the role
You’ll have strong experience in project management / project controls, with a proven track record in delivering medium to large multi-site client projects, managing capital budgets extending into the millions. You’ll also bring the following with you:
- Experience of recognised project controls and project management methodology
- A good understanding of telecoms fibre optic networks
- Ability to confidently present to senior management, clients and stakeholders
- Ability to negotiate suitable outcomes that mitigate project risk
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project
- Full clean UK driving license
We’re looking for people who don’t settle for ‘good enough’ and push things forward. If you’ve just found yourself thinking, ‘I’d love to do this’, we want to hear from you. Let’s change it up.
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Our people have a wide range of experiences and perspectives – and it’s this diversity of thought that makes us who we are.
CityFibre is working hard to change up the telecoms industry. This means we’re committed to providing equal opportunities to people from all backgrounds and commitments, including your carer and family status, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, gender and gender identity. We’re also offering training programmes and placement opportunities to support the skilled, career changers, service-leavers, and returning workers to become part of our teams.
If there’s any additional support or adjustment you require in the application process to help you achieve your best, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com. We’re here to support you in changing up your career.