Build Assurance Engineer
Job Type: Full time
Our goal at CityFibre is to unlock the digital potential of Britain by creating a broadband network that works seamlessly for everyone, every day. Powerful, gigabit-speed connections that enable people across entire communities to enjoy life in full flow. To do this, we make sure that our people’s voices are heard, their ideas are welcomed, and everyone is given the opportunity to make a real impact.
We encourage change, have a challenger mindset, foster innovation and nurture a welcoming, inclusive and supportive community. In this environment we allow you to bring your best-self to work every day, helping you to achieve your goals, grow your career and reach your full potential.
We’re a Times Top 50 Employer for Women; are endorsed by WORK180; have pledged our commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant; and are a Disability Confident Employer. Working together with our Employee Networks, we’re committed to changing the industry for everyone.
What you can expect from us
Everyone at CityFibre has an important part to play, and we reflect that in our benefits. With a competitive salary depending on experience + a car allowance, when you join us, you’ll also enjoy 25 days’ holiday, a day off on your birthday, a day off to support a charity or organisation of your choice, a performance-related bonus scheme, and private healthcare.
We believe we deliver our best when we work together. It’s the way we do things, trusting and giving our people the autonomy to manage their own day-to-day, promoting wellbeing, whilst still prioritising time together with our colleagues to connect, collaborate and share our ideas.
How you’ll change it up
Our Build Assurance Engineers are essential in our ability to successfully deliver an all-fibre network that is purpose-built and designed for the digital age. With quality at the core of this role, you’ll be responsible for monitoring and testing the fibre network build, ensuring our Build Partners are carrying out civils and fibre activities as per the works information, build process and specifications. Day to day, this is some of what you can expect to be doing:
- Monitoring Build Partners on our builds to ensure compliance with NRSWA Red Book and SROH/SROR
- Managing any build defects, ensuring Build Partners actively close in line with contractual and/or legislative SLAs
- Monitoring fibre test results at handover to check they are within tolerance, enabling end-to-end connectivity
- Ensuring all post-installation and as-built documents are completed and checked
- Review daily/weekly reports from the Build Partner to ensure they meet requirements, escalating any risks
- Ensuring any Build Partner Operative or Supervisor has the necessary LTO accreditation
- As needed, conducting regular site visits to monitor quality, H&S, and NRSWA requirements
What you’ll bring to the role
In order to really thrive in this role, you’ll already come with some experience managing and supervising contracted engineering works, as well as a good understanding of civils construction, cabling, splicing and OTDR/ILM testing. You’ll also bring the following with you:
- Qualifications in NRSWA and Occupational Health (e.g., IOSH/SMSTS/NEBOSH)
- OSP Telecoms Network Build
- Blown and Traditional cable installation techniques
- Strong communication and people skills
- Demonstrable understanding of risk assessments and method statements
- Awareness of CDM regulations
- Full UK driving license
We’re looking for people who don’t settle for ‘good enough’ and push things forward. If you’ve just found yourself thinking, ‘I’d love to do this’, we want to hear from you. Let’s change it up.
Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Our people have a wide range of experiences and perspectives – and it’s this diversity of thought that makes us who we are.
CityFibre is working hard to change up the telecoms industry. This means we’re committed to providing equal opportunities to people from all backgrounds and commitments, including your carer and family status, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, gender and gender identity. We’re also offering training programmes and placement opportunities to support the skilled, career changers, service-leavers, and returning workers to become part of our teams.
If there’s any additional support or adjustment you require in the application process to help you achieve your best, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re here to support you in changing up your career.