Job Type: Full time
About the job
To ensure the effective delivery and maintenance of mandated security and Information Assurance standards in order to protect Dstl personnel, assets, capabilities and National Security interests in the context of Commercial Security and Third Party Assurance activities.
Working within a tight knit and high performing team, the Third Party Assurance Adviser role is part of Dstl’s Enterprise Security team. This role provides security related policy and compliance advice to Dstl business and in particular to Commercial and Project Managers whilst working closely with the Dstl Third Party Assurance Lead. This role will place a focus on risk management associated with Dstl’s supply chain and will play a key role in providing assurance with 3rd Party Suppliers and Extra Mural Research (EMR) / Contract Temporary Worker (CTW) staff.
Dstl recognises the importance of diversity and inclusion as people from diverse backgrounds bring fresh ideas. We are committed to building an inclusive working environment in which each employee fulfils their potential and maximises their contribution.
We particularly welcome female, ethnic minority and those from the LGBTQI community, as they are under-represented within Dstl at these levels.
In this role you will:
- Develop an understanding of the nature of Dstl’s business and delivery requirements in order to ensure procedures are followed.
- Provide security related policy advice and guidance for Dstl engagement with Third Parties, Contract Temporary Workers (CTWs) and Extra Mural Research Workers (EMR).
- Process Extra Mural Research (EMR) workers at Universities / Industry.
- Provide advice and guidance on Security Aspects Letters (SAL’s).
- Ensure the availability of Security Aspects Letters, guidance and adherence to MOD Commercial security and project policies.
- Manage Dstl Commercial Exception cases in conjunction with MoD Defence Security & Resilience (DSR).
- Ensure compliance with Defence Cyber Protection Partnership (DCPP) Cyber Security Model.
- Monitor and report Third Party risks against Dstl risk appetite ensuring that risk mitigation strategies and treatment plans are developed where appropriate to reduce risk exposure.
- Deliver level 1 assurance sample testing on Dstl contracts and Third Parties throughout the contract life-cycle.
- Deputise for Third Party Assurance Lead as appropriate.
- Oversee critical controls for Project Assurance.
- Develop, manage and maintain the Third Party audit plan.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Dedication to delivering and assuring a secure, safe and resilient working environment
- Excellent customer service experience and evidence to demonstrate working in a customer facing environment
- Previous administrative experience
- Good ICT skills including Microsoft packages
- Confidence in managing data integrity within spreadsheets and databases
- Good communications skills
- Ability to prioritise workloads and work to tight timescales
- A proven experience of stakeholder management in a service delivery organisation
- The ability to manage challenges with pragmatic resolutions
Our work in defence, security and intelligence requires our employees to be UK Nationals who are able to gain a high level of security clearance to undertake the projects we are involved in to protect us from security threats. For this reason, only UK Nationals will be able to apply for this role. If you are an international or dual-national candidate, and you think you have the skills we need, please consider applying to any of our government, security or defence partners.
This role will require full UK security clearance and you should have resided in the UK for the past 5 years. For some roles Developed Vetting will also be required, in this case you should have resided in the UK for the past 10 years.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Working Together
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Communicating and Influencing
- Changing and Improving
We only ask for evidence of these behaviours on your application form:
- Communicating and Influencing
Dstl’s full range of great benefits can be found in the information pack which includes:
Financial: An excellent pension scheme starting from 26% employer contribution (find out more here). In Year Rewarding Achievement bonuses and thank you vouchers. Rental deposit scheme and cycle to work scheme.
Flexible working: Options include alternative working patterns such as; compressed hours (e.g. working a 4 day week/ 9 day fortnight), job shares and annualised hours (agreed number of hours per annum paid monthly i.e. working term-time only).
Working hours: Flexibility around your working day (e.g. start time, finish time). Ability to bank hours in a 12 month reference period including the ability to accrue and use 3 days per calendar month.
Where you work: Depending on your role, blended working may be available including remote working to suit you and your team. This can be discussed at interview.
Annual leave: 25 days pro rata (rising to 30 after 5 years) plus 8 public holidays with the ability to buy/sell 5 additional days per annum.
Family: Maternity, adoption or shared parental leave of up to 26 weeks with full pay, an additional 13 weeks statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid
Learning and Development: Dstl encourages and supports charterships, accreditations and provides employees access to fully funded apprenticeships up to level 7 (Masters Degree). Dstl will pay for 2 memberships with relevant bodies/institutions. Employees also have access to Civil Service Learning.
Facilities: Onsite parking, EV Charging points, restaurants, cafés and gyms.
Things you need to know
Selection process details
We want you to have your best chance of success in our recruitment process, so If at any stage of the application process you would like help or assistance please contact the Dstl Recruitment Team email@example.com and we will do all we can to support you.
Sifting will take place week commencing 27th November 23 with interviews to be arranged from the 11th December 23
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
This job is not open to candidates who hold a dual nationality.