Enterprise Resource Planning Service Owner
Job Type: Full time
About the job
Are you an Oracle Product Owner looking for a new challenge? Confident managing an IT service? Able to communicate effectively with senior stakeholders?
If so, Dstl Digital is keen to hear from you.
As the sole Service Owner on an Oracle Fusion ERP system you will:
- Define and implement the strategy of the service,
- Be the senior escalation point for internal customers
- Ensure delivery of the service to agreed service levels
- Act as primary point of contact with the supplier
- Work autonomously and with your team
- Report on service performance
- Regular contract and cost reviews and negotiations with suppliers
- Work closely with the Optimisation Programme to ensure shared resources are allocated correctly
- Align with the central IT team to work towards a new Service Integration and Management (SIAM) model
You will drive forward continuous development and improvement of the service. This could be in one or more of the following areas Collaboration and Communication, Application Services and Infrastructure Services. This is a senior position for a resilient individual where you will be expected to “hit the ground running”.
At Dstl we protect lives. We take innovative Science and Technology (S&T) and use it to keep the country safe. Dstl Digital provides the platforms and services which underpin the Dstl business and associated S&T Capabilities, and by virtue of the user experience we provide, we are responsible for making Dstl a great place to work.
Dstl recognises the importance of diversity and inclusion as people from diverse backgrounds bring fresh ideas. We are committed to building an inclusive working environment in which each employee fulfils their potential and maximises their contribution.
We particularly welcome female and ethnic minority applicants and those from the LGBTQI community, as they are under-represented within Dstl at these levels.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for the strategic management of the service and lead on governance meetings.
- As the escalation point of contact for all customers you will ensure the delivery of the service to agreed service levels.
- Have responsibility for the day-to-day tasking the Service Team
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to influence decisions.
- Maintain positive relationships with those who have dependencies on service.
Our work in defence, security and intelligence requires our employees to be UK Nationals who are able to gain a high level of security clearance to undertake the projects we are involved in to protect us from security threats. For this reason, only UK Nationals will be able to apply for this role. If you are an international or dual-national candidate, and you think you have the skills we need, please consider applying to any of our government, security or defence partners.
This role will require full UK security clearance and you should have resided in the UK for the past 5 years. For some roles Developed Vetting will also be required, in this case you should have resided in the UK for the past 10 years.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, and able to tailor your style to suit your audience including reporting up to C suite. Is agile and able to handle conflicting priorities and successfully deliver to changing requirements
- Has a high attention to detail
- Has experience within an IT Service Manager role and management of IT suppliers
- Has experience managing an IT change environment and approving IT or Oracle fusion configuration changes
- Can deliver within a fast-paced delivery environment and has the persistence to see things through to a conclusion
- Will be the escalation point for the service.
- Will collaborate with customers and stakeholders to align service strategy with the needs of the business
- Ideally has experience working in a HR/Finance/Project or Procurement function
Good standard of education.
ITIL certified to Foundation level
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Managing a Quality Service
- Communicating and Influencing
- Working Together
- Changing and Improving
Dstl’s full range of great benefits can be found in the information pack which includes:
Financial: An excellent pension scheme starting from 26% employer contribution (find out more here). In Year Rewarding Achievement bonuses and thank you vouchers. Rental deposit scheme and cycle to work scheme.
Flexible working: Options include alternative working patterns such as; compressed hours (e.g. working a 4 day week/ 9 day fortnight), job shares and annualised hours (agreed number of hours per annum paid monthly i.e. working term-time only).
Working hours: Flexibility around your working day (e.g. start time, finish time). Ability to bank hours in a 12 month reference period including the ability to accrue and use 3 days per calendar month.
Where you work: Depending on your role, blended working may be available including remote working to suit you and your team. This can be discussed at interview.
Annual leave: 25 days pro rata (rising to 30 after 5 years) plus 8 public holidays with the ability to buy/sell 5 additional days per annum.
Family: Maternity, adoption or shared parental leave of up to 26 weeks with full pay, an additional 13 weeks statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid
Learning and Development: Dstl encourages and supports charterships, accreditations and provides employees access to fully funded apprenticeships up to level 7 (Masters Degree). Dstl will pay for 2 memberships with relevant bodies/institutions. Employees also have access to Civil Service Learning.
Facilities: Onsite parking, EV Charging points, restaurants, cafés and gyms.
Things you need to know
Selection process details
We want you to have your best chance of success in our recruitment process, so If at any stage of the application process you would like help or assistance please contact the Dstl Recruitment Team email@example.com and we will do all we can to support you.
Sifting is expected to take place by Tuesday 5th December 2023.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 13th and Thursday 14th December 2023.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
This job is not open to candidates who hold a dual nationality.