People Services Administrator
Job Type: Full time, Part time
About the job
There is an exciting opportunity to join the group who administers and supports the HR needs within Dstl. As a People Services Administrator you will be responsible for providing professional administration support with a focus on Human Resources (HR). You will provide support to a range of internal colleagues and external partners as part of an excellent end to end administration service.
Dstl recognises the importance of diversity and inclusion as people from diverse backgrounds bring fresh ideas. We are committed to building an inclusive working environment in which each employee fulfils their potential and maximises their contribution.
We particularly welcome female and ethnic minority applicants and those from the LGBTQI community, as they are under-represented within Dstl at these levels.
In this role you will:
- Providing a first level of contact for line managers and individuals; giving information ensuring consistency of approach by line managers.
- Processing employee requests and pay queries
- Maintaining and developing effective relationships with other Divisions and Service providers to deliver an effective administration service.
- Ensuring agreed standards, quality and user satisfaction are achieved.
- Working effectively within a team providing efficient and timely support across the business.
- Inputting, updating and investigating pay data accurately on corporate and management systems following information and data handling requirements.
Please see full job description attached at the bottom of the page
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience of delivering trusted, high level administrative support in a relevant environment.
- Experience of working in a customer service environment.
- Experience of using physical and electronic systems for managing and sharing information
- Ability to use IT systems and spreadsheets to record data quickly and accurately, Ability to compose emails and convey simple clear messages
Our work in defence, security and intelligence requires our employees to be UK Nationals who are able to gain a high level of security clearance to undertake the projects we are involved in to protect us from security threats. For this reason, only UK Nationals will be able to apply for this role. If you are an international or dual-national candidate, and you think you have the skills we need, please consider applying to any of our government, security or defence partners.
This role will require full UK security clearance and you should have resided in the UK for the past 5 years. For some roles Developed Vetting will also be required, in this case you should have resided in the UK for the past 10 years.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Managing a Quality Service
- Delivering at Pace
- Working Together
Dstl’s full range of great benefits can be found in the information pack which includes:
Financial: An excellent pension scheme starting from 26% employer contribution (find out more here). In Year Rewarding Achievement bonuses and thank you vouchers. Rental deposit scheme and cycle to work scheme.
Flexible working: Options include alternative working patterns such as; compressed hours (e.g. working a 4 day week/ 9 day fortnight), job shares and annualised hours (agreed number of hours per annum paid monthly i.e. working term-time only).
Working hours: Flexibility around your working day (e.g. start time, finish time). Ability to bank hours in a 12 month reference period including the ability to accrue and use 3 days per calendar month.
Where you work: Depending on your role, blended working may be available including remote working to suit you and your team. This can be discussed at interview.
Annual leave: 25 days pro rata (rising to 30 after 5 years) plus 8 public holidays with the ability to buy/sell 5 additional days per annum.
Family: Maternity, adoption or shared parental leave of up to 26 weeks with full pay, an additional 13 weeks statutory pay and a further 13 weeks unpaid
Learning and Development: Dstl encourages and supports charterships, accreditations and provides employees access to fully funded apprenticeships up to level 7 (Masters Degree). Dstl will pay for 2 memberships with relevant bodies/institutions. Employees also have access to Civil Service Learning.
Facilities: Onsite parking, EV Charging points, restaurants, cafés and gyms.
Things you need to know
Selection process details
Sifting will take place week commencing the 4th December 2023 with interviews to be arranged from the 11th December 2023
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.
This job is not open to candidates who hold a dual nationality.