Passenger Operations and Safety Manager
Job Type: Full time
The Passenger Operations and Safety Manager is responsible for delivering a safe, secure, compliant and efficient passenger operation.
The role includes responsibility for the passenger journey end-to-end (excluding security) across Scotland’s busiest airport ensuring the business operates at maximum efficiency.
The Passenger Operations & Safety Manager is instrumental in the delivery of exceptional passenger experience by working collaboratively and proactively with internal and external business partners.
Lead our passenger journey end-to-end
- Working across the terminal, play a leading role for the performance of the operation
- Responsible for delivering a successful passenger operation by monitoring forecast passenger flows, identifying and communicating issues that influence this and working with our Airport Operations Control Centre to deliver the best end to end journey.
- Support the delivery of our passenger experience strategy, working closely with the insights analyst to understand the needs of our passengers
- Lead the delivery of our surface access operation, working with commercial transport operators and stakeholders to improve passenger experience.
- Leading the daily operational meetings with internal, external stakeholders and 3rd party service providers driving improvements in passenger insight scores on the day.
- Be the lead for response to fire, medical emergencies and incidents (e.g. evacuation management) in the terminal, roads and our landside infrastructure
- In conjunction with the Airport Operations Manager, responsible for the deployment and execution of contingency plans in accordance with the Edinburgh Airport Emergency Orders to enable the full restoration of operations as quickly as possible, whilst assuring the welfare and safety of all surface access and terminal users.
- Working with Health & Safety, the fire service and compliance, develop and deliver the airports safety inspections programme as part of our airport safety auditing plan
- By co-ordinating all aspects of the day to day service provisions, continually review and develop them to ensure that passengers receive the highest levels of customer service to give passengers great service
- In conjunction with the AOCC and Engineering, carry out fire alarm isolations (and their subsequent reactivation)
- Lead with initial investigation to accidents (Terminal, landside campus) to identify immediate causes and taking necessary actions to drive improvement, including the ability to develop and deliver briefings to senior leadership levels
- Degree level qualification or equivalent experience in Hospitality, Travel and Tourism or a related discipline.
- A clean driving licence, current and valid for driving within the United Kingdom
- Essential: Exemplary inter-personal and communication skills, self-organisation skills, including ability to: self-direct.
- Essential: Excellent team-worker with the ability to work constructively in and between different teams, and to lead/motivate others (including ability to challenge and change behaviours).
- Essential: A passion for delivering an excellent passenger experience including hidden disabilities or additional needs
- Essential: Ability to filter information, see the bigger picture and determine where to focus.
- Essential: Deep understanding of Airport operations to include a minimum of 3 years’ experience in both operations and continuity/contingency planning within Aviation.
- Desired: Strong understanding of Edinburgh systems and operational data; Logic-driven problem-solving.
- Desired: Good knowledge of life safety systems and EAL terminal fire strategy and evacuation arrangements
- Desired: Holder of first aid at work certificate, defib and medical gasses
What we’ll offer you
- Career development – access our Talent Management and Leadership programmes
- Employer pension contributions up to 7%
- Annual discretionary bonus
- 32 days holiday, increasing with service
- Private healthcare with Vitality after 1 years’ service
- EAL Rewards, our benefits platform for discounts with high street names, gyms, cinemas, fuel and supermarkets
- Discounts at our onsite retail and food outlets
Building a diverse workforce that is inclusive and accessible to all is a priority mission for our business. As part of this journey, we are proud to be the first UK airport to be endorsed by WORK180. They only recognise great employers for all women. You can read more about our benefits and policies on our employer page