Billing & Receivables Team Leader
Location: West Midlands
Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
Title of Position: Billing Team Leader
Reports to: Head of Billing
Location: Birmingham SSC
Function: Finance SSC
The Billing Team Leader is responsible for leading a team of Billing Clerks to ensure the billing/invoicing to customers is performed accurately with a ‘first time right’ approach and timely.
Aims and Objectives
The aim of the role is to reduce the number of unbilled invoices to customers and to work closely with the commercial teams to ensure customer expectations are met with regards to timely and accurate invoicing.
The KPI for Unbilled invoices:
- £’s of Unbilled
- Age of Unbilled invoices
- Unbilled by Customer
- Unbilled by System Platform
Accountable for leading and motivating up to a team of six of Billing Clerks and for reducing the number of Unbilled invoices to Customers in addition to managing the Billing improvement Project.
- SSC as a whole
- Commercial Teams based at sites
- SSC R2R and Credit Control Teams
- All members of the Finance Team
- Internal Audit
- Customer base
- External audit
- Manage all billing and receivables activities, including the resolution of customer disputes adhering to company procedure and customer requirements
- Management of shared in-boxes and allocation of work within the team
- Line management responsibility includes Accounting Operations Associates; redirecting resources to areas within transaction processing that have the greatest demand, to ensure we continually meet agreed service levels across the function
- Liaison with internal and external stakeholders; building effective working relationships to deliver first class customer service
- Ensure the team is compliant with all relevant legislation and internal controls (SOX)
- Maximise the level of billing by being proactive and ensuring there is a regular review of all unbilled items
- Manage all interfaces from the Billing systems into Great Plains
- Maintain rate tables; including liaison with BSA and Commercial teams where errors are identified
- Support billing activities managed outside of the SSC
- Ensure all disputes received into shared mailbox are managed in line with any agreed SLA and credit notes raised timely
- Ensure any standard operating procedures (SOP’s) are created and maintained building an end-to-end process knowledge capability across the SSC
- Responsible for the creation of robust and accurate reporting around all activities managed within the Billing and Receivables team
- Compliance with all relevant legislation and internal controls (SOX) and delivery of improved baseline controls across the SSC
- Prioritise resources to cope with operational demands
- Ensure all staff are properly engaged, empowered and trained
- Carry out monthly 121’s with all members of the Billing and Receivables team
- Responsible for the team skills matrix and training plans.
- Ensure core deliverables within the team are met
- Responsible for driving continuous improvement through problem solving across the team.
- Supporting finance transformation initiatives and any ad-hoc projects
- Lead, motivate and organise Billing and Receivables team to consistently achieve all key performance indicators using selected best practices
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to support and motivate staff, and understand their development needs
- Ability to influence key stakeholders through strong written and verbal communication
- To demonstrate and drive positive behaviours within the team
- Create and maintain a positive team environment
- Support training and development
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team