Financial Reporting Accountant
Location: West Midlands
Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
Purpose of the Role:
To support the finance team in meeting external reporting requirements including statutory accounts and external audit.
Main duties and responsibilities:
The role will principally enable accurate and timely submission of external reporting requirements for all UK entities (21 entities).
Preparation of year end ETB’s including US GAAP to FRS101 accounting adjustments Preparation of statutory accounts using Onesource software Streamlining and improving the ETB and statutory account preparation process Audit liaison for group and statutory audits IFRS top side accounting entry adjustments for monthly group reporting Pension accounting including being point of contact for pensions advisors for triennial valuation Supporting tax team with information required for tax computations Providing monthly IFRS updates to key stakeholders Customs declarations Drafting IFRS accounts to support the business in commercial opportunities Ad hoc project and process improvement work Supporting on technical accounting queries
- Qualified accountant (preferably ACA)
- Statutory preparation experience of large groups with multiple entities
- Strong technical accounting knowledge specifically on latest accounting standards
- IT literate with medium/advanced Microsoft Excel skills (pivots, sumifs, lookups)
- Audit background including audit of large groups with multiple entities
- Audit liaison experience
- Understanding of US GAAP
- Pension accounting experience
- Basic understanding of tax
- Ability to build healthy working relationships with business stakeholders while exhibiting independence and objectivity in thought and action
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure, prioritising tasks and workload and managing conflicting demands of the business units and senior management team
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff across the UK/Europe region, as well as key stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to plan own work, work autonomously and on own initiative and meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail with a high level of accuracy of work
- Ability to translate audit requirements to the wider business who are not technical accountants
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team