Location: West Yorkshire
Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
Principle Activities and Accountabilities
- Production and issue of weekly rosters to meet the weekly train plan for all commodities.
- Prepare and post daily alteration sheets for respective depots.
- Ensuring rostering of staff meets Heavy Haul, FLIM, UK Rail principles and standards.
- Manage drivers’ annualised hours, making sure contracts are met.
- Compile annual leave rosters for drivers.
- Implement diagram alterations on a working timetable change and update rosters accordingly.
- Be competent in the use and management of any supplied rostering tool or system.
- Hotel bookings for all driver train crew lodge purposes.
- Liaise with Control and other departments to assist in the assurance of train coverage as per train plan/ commercial order.
- Ordering hire vehicles as required.
- To undertake additional duties commensurate to the post as delegated by Senior Managers.
General Safety Responsibilities
- The post holder has a duty to take care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their actions at work.
- Co-operation with the company and co-workers to help everyone maintain their legal requirements by:
- Taking reasonable care of own health and safety and that of any person who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.
- Co-operating with UK Rail to comply with health and safety legislation
- Carrying out any work in accordance with any training, instruction or company procedure that is relevant to the position. Informing your line manager of any health and safety problems identified by yourself or identified to you by other people.
- Using any safety equipment provided by UK Rail that you have been trained to use in a proper and appropriate manner. Ensure compliance with internal control checks as laid down in rostering manuals I.e Hidden, Minimum rest periods etc.
- All safety critical staff to comply with the Drugs and Alcohol policy.
Specific Safety Responsibilities
- Observe the requirements of OPSHH006 standard.
- Roster in accordance to FHH, FLIM & UK Rail terms and conditions.
- Take part in any safety training courses as directed by Line Management.
Experience, Knowledge, Qualifications and Training
- A good knowledge of Freight train operations with a sound knowledge of railway geography.
- A good level of general education is required.
- The post holder must be extremely well organised and self-motivated.
- Good communication skills.
- Computer literacy is essential. Must be competent using DMS, Word, Excel and Outlook and able to gain the knowledge and skills required to operate UK Rails
- A good knowledge of driver’s conditions of service.
- Take part in annual performance appraisals.
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team
You’ve got this!