Train Driver (Heavy Haul)
Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
Purpose Of Job
To operate trains in a safe and proper manner in accordance with Railway Group Standards and Company Standards
Dimensions of Job
Direct Budget: £Nil Staff Responsibilities: N/A
Principle Activities and Accountabilities
Ensure that you are fit for duty before booking on with the control/performance desk Responsible for the safe movement of traction units and Freightliner trains Responsible for learning and retaining knowledge of traction, routes, rules and regulations and operating notices Comply with Freightliner Heavy Haul standards and Railway Group Standards Be vigilant in observing all signals applicable to train movements Submit written reports when requested Road vehicle driving as required Other duties as directed by the relevant Manager
General Safety Responsibilities
The post holder has a duty to take care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their actions at work. Co-operation with FLHH and co-workers to help everyone maintain their legal requirements by:
- Taking reasonable care of own health and safety and that of any person who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work
- Co-operating with FLHH to comply with health and safety legislation
- Carrying out any work in accordance with any training, instruction or company procedure that is relevant to the position
- Informing your line manager of any health and safety problems identified by yourself or identified to you by other people
- Using any safety equipment provided by FLHH that you have been trained to use in a proper and appropriate manner
- All safety critical staff to comply with the Drugs and Alcohol policy RG-GEN 023
Specific Safety Responsibilities
This is a safety critical role
Competent in Rules and Regulations.
Knowledge of Freightliner Personal Safety Directives (PSD).
Train Crew Manual (TCM)
Freightliner Operating Instructions (FOI).
Competent in personal track safety.
Competent in driving duties (for the maintenance of competence and clearance of the line in an emergency).
Experience, Knowledge, Qualifications and Training
Personally up-to-date regarding competence including relevant route/traction knowledge
Fully conversant with all current operating rules, regulations and notices
Good safety related performance record.
Full UK Manual Driving licence
Documentation and Equipment
Electrical equipment as required for role
Documents as required by Freightliner Heavy Haul
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team