Location: West Midlands
Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
Reporting to the Financial Controller – Revenue, you will be responsible for delivering all transactional accounting processing relating to tax and capital accounting covering all entities served by the Shared Service Centre.
The primary purpose of the role is to ensure that all relevant transactional processing is completed timeously and accurately relating to Revenue and that all income is identified, recorded and reported within the financial systems. In addition to this the role holder will be responsible for the preparation of allocated balance sheet reconciliations and for compliance with all relevant SOx narratives.
Key Focus Areas:
- Preparation and posting of month end Revenue journals and accruals;
- Preparation of robust month end balance sheet reconciliations for allocated accounts and timeous action to investigate and resolve reconciling items;
- During the month end process early identification of areas of concern and liaison with the Financial Controller – Revenue to determine and action the appropriate resolution;
- In conjunction with the Financial Controller – Revenue perform analytical reviews of REVENUE to ensure variances by platform, site and product etc to budget, prior year and run rate are understood, documented and any corrective actions identified;
- In conjunction with the Financial Controller – Revenue provide clear commentary on REVENUE for monthly review packs;
- Develop and enhance the month end close process for Revenue streamlining where necessary;
- Ensure compliance with relevant SOx narratives; and
- Assist with audit queries and preparation of required audit analysis both internal and external.
Skills and Experience
Required Education and Experience:
- Part-Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA), with a minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- A team player with experience of working in a SSC would be an advantage, must have experience of working in a large complex business.
- Must have a good understanding of relevant IFRS’s and fundamental accounting principles and the application thereof.
- Must have experience of accounting for significant classes of revenue in a complex business using multiple IT systems.
- Proficient in managing large data sets.
- Ability to manage own work load and prioritise effectively and experience of meeting tight month end deadlines and working under pressure.
- Great Planes experience preferable but not essential.
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team