Location: West Yorkshire
Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
A vacancy has arisen within Freightliner Heavy Haul for a Locomotive Planner, to be based in Ferrybridge.
- Carry out planning workloads efficiently and effectively to comply with network code and industry processes.
- Work within the wider planning team to ensure weekly plan is implemented in a timely and efficient manner
- Liaise with industry contacts as necessary
- Production of weekly locomotive resource plans that maximises profitability for Freightliner whilst meeting customer requirements
- A good knowledge of freight train operations with a sound knowledge of railway geography
- Excellent Planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to produce diagrams for operational staff which are compliant with all internal and industry criteria
- Good computer skills, ideally including the ability to use Voyagerplan (train planning software), TOPS/TRUST and general office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) This role will involve some travel and may require staying away from home on occasion.
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team