Job Type: Full time
Our commitment to you, once you join our team, is to foster growth and provide developmental opportunities to ensure you reach your utmost potential.
Freightliner - SMMD
Freightliner Maintenance is currently recruiting for a Depot Supervisor to lead a team of 4 wagon Fitters to carry out wagon inspections, maintenance, and repairs as part of a 12 hour, day and night shift roster at our Southampton maintenance location.
Responsibilities whilst working in the role will include:
- Adhere to all Health & Safety, local safety policy requirements and standards
- Ensure Freightliner company engineering standards and procedures are understood, applied, and followed
- Maintain, service, and repair wagons in accordance with approved maintenance plans
- Supervise the team to implement the daily work plan assigned by the Production Manager
- Coach and assist the wagon fitters in their technical development when required
- Ensure all relevant records for examinations and repairs is correctly completed to company standards through the Electronic Asset Management System
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping, identify, and reduce hazards to ensure a clean and safe environment is maintained whilst carrying out your duties
- Be a good communicator, including issuing briefings, reporting issues and actioning improvements
- Commitment to adopting safe working practices
- An underpinning knowledge and an ability to understand mechanical and pneumatic systems
- An appreciation of mechanical maintenance activities and a willingness to learn
- A background knowledge and experience of rolling stock maintenance would be advantageous
- Must hold a relevant Engineering qualification at Lv3
The successful applicant should be safety conscious and motivated to work safely to tight deadlines, a fully versatile team member who has a flexible approach to working hours.
Please note this post works a 24 hour shift pattern covering hours from 0600 Monday to Saturday 1400. It is also subject to standard pre-employment checks including employment references, medical & D&A screening and successful DBS background checks.
We are looking for the most committed and reliable individuals who possess the knowledge, skills and experience needed for their roles.
In return we can offer competitive pay, excellent benefits, a competitive pension scheme and a rewarding career in an award-winning team